B. Braun Medical Inc.Requisition ID
B. Braun Medical Inc# of Openings
Admin - ClericalPosition Type
8am - 5pmSite
Corporate/Sales/ B. Braun of Canada/ BIS/ CeGatOverview
With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.Responsibilities Position Summary:
To provide administrative support to the President/CEO, and Senior Executive Vice President levels; keeping the CEO organized by maintaining a daily calendar, managing and organizing workflow; scheduling meeting and travel accommodations; trouble shooting and providing a resource of knowledge of the company and its organization to all levels of management.Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Perform administrative assignments on behalf of the CEO.
- Draft, proofread and edit correspondence, reports, memos, and other forms of internal and external records and communications while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Maintain daily calendar of meetings, coordinating schedules with B. Braun, Germany and outside parties. Provide pertinent information daily to the executive regarding meetings.
- Schedule internal and external meetings, luncheons, conferences, and presentations. Coordinate Board Meetings. Handle all details such as computer equipment, speaker phone, conference calls, reserving meeting rooms, inspecting offsite meeting and lodging facilities and planning refreshments or menu selections.
- Schedule both domestic and international travel, through B. Braun travel department. Must provide detailed itinerary of flights, meetings, and people involved and any other related activities, making sure all details are well thought out.
- Manage and oversee the International Internship Program. Handle all details pertaining to the program including the creation of approval letters, coordinating travel and housing, department assignments, etc. Act as primary contact person for the duration of their stay in the U.S.
- Send and distribute faxes, copy, mail, and file various departmental and company documents. Order and maintain office supplies as needed.
- Provide backup to other administrative members of Executive Suite for sick leave and vacation.
- Prepare and calculate expense reports as well as review those of direct reports for president's signature.
- Maintain monthly account rectification of various accounts.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Office procedures and practices; departmental and company policies and administrative procedures; business correspondence writing methods.
- Technical knowledge of all office equipment.
- Advanced use and knowledge of entire MS Office 365 applications and Internet.
- Working knowledge of videoconferencing set up, use, and troubleshooting.
- Type at or above a net rate of 70 words per minute using a computer keyboard; operate standard office equipment including calculator and telecommunications devices as well as dictation equipment.
- Communicate and work cooperatively with all levels of management, departmental representatives, vendors, contractors and the general public
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Independently plan and complete work assignments within established deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and make good decisions with little or no direction.
- Ability to conduct and present oneself in a professional manner is required.
- Five or more years of administrative and executive support experience. Educational attainment equivalent to graduation from high school, supplemented by specialized course work or training in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software application programs. Must possess excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritize projects, take initiative and work independently. Fluent German required, both written and verbal.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.