B. Braun Medical Inc.Requisition ID
B. Braun Medical Inc# of Openings
With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.Responsibilities Position Summary:
The primary responsibility of a Technician - Material Handler is to stock, organize, and maintain components on the production floor. They must possess an overall knowledge of GMP's, ISO, and OSHA requirements in the manufacturing environment. This position shall operate in accordance with company policies & procedures, FDA regulations, ISO standards, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations (CMDR) and the Medical Device Directives (MDD). Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/EtcRequired:
- Must show aptitude in required skill set.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in team environment.
- Must demonstrate safe working practices.
- Ability to follow written or verbal instruction.
- Understand the difference between good/bad parts.
- Ensure all work areas are kept clean at all times.
- Must be able to drive various type of fork lifts and perform daily inspections.
- Maintain an orderly production floor
- Clean empty totes.
- Fill solvent containers.
- Empty solvent waste containers.
- Lift components in totes above head to fill line.
- Must be familiar in basic SAP transactions.
- Perform weigh outs and overages in a timely manner.
- Order materials to jobs.
- Must possess the knowledge and recognition of the importance of batch control and inventory accuracy.
- Ability to explain and work within B. Braun Quality Management Systems.
- Move pallets/control production flow.
- Load vinyl and paper onto blister lines.
- Palletize materials.
- Handle plastics recycling.
- Monitor floor supplies/Perform batch management.
- Must be self-motivated and able to perform job duties with minimal supervision
- Capable of reading blue prints and assembly drawings.
- Work within Company Safety policies
- Understand and apply principles of Lean.
- High School Diploma / GED
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.Physical Demands: Strength Medium work
- Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demands
(Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling, Pushing, Reaching)
Occasionally lift or carry up to: 20-50 lbs
Frequently lift or carry up to: 10-20 lbs
Frequently: Push/pull, reaching upward, reaching downward
Constantly: N/A Physical Demands - Activities
Occasionally: Stooping, crouching, climbing, balancing, keyboard use
Constantly: Standing, walking, handling, hearing, near acuity, far acuity, depth perception, color vision, field of visionPhysical Demands - Environmental Conditions
Noise Intensity: Moderate
Occasionally: Proximity to moving parts
Frequently: Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.