Omega Engineering, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
Sunbury, OH, USADepartment:
Quality / Shipping & ReceivingReports To:
Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments and confers or corresponds with establishment personnel to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- Delivers or routes materials to departments.
- Determines shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Examines shipment contents and compares with records such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Packs, seals, labels, and affixes postage to prepare materials for shipping, using hand tools, power tools, or postage meter.
- Prepares documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, or shipping orders to route materials.
- Records shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
- Requisitions and stores shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Operates tier lift truck or uses hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficient personal computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Outlook E-mail software, Internet software, Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software. ERP experience desired.Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 1+ year(s) related experience in manufacturing shipping and receiving processes; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.