LocationMA: Boston (200 State St.)
Job FamilyInformation TechnologyJob Brief
Reporting to the VP of IT Business Relationship Management (BRM) and Transformation, the Director of IT BRM will be a key information technology leader within Beacon Health Options.
ExemptAbout The Position:
Reporting to the VP of IT Business Relationship Management (BRM) and Transformation, the Director of IT BRM will be a key information technology leader within Beacon Health Options. The BRM will serve as an IT liaison between internal and external stakeholders. This position provides a unique opportunity to join a recently formed department and energetic team that is creating and transforming how IT interacts with our stakeholders. To achieve service excellence by collaboratively identifying, developing and implementing efficient and effective business practices throughout the IT Department. Continuously seeks opportunities to support strategic transformation in planning, implementing, and evaluating better business practices to produce strong program results and meaningful outcomes. Position Responsibilities:
- Serve as a "trusted advisor," and function as a liaison with executive-level internal (e.g. Market Presidents and c-suite) and external IT business stakeholders.
- Facilitate alignment between business stakeholders and IT enablement, providing cross-department visibility into demand, operational support, budget/resource allocation, enterprise solutions, and execution of key projects.
- Maintain demand process for new proposals with overall responsibility for steering these proposals through the early phases of approval.
- Develop and enhance relationships with key business stakeholders, actively manage their expectations & monitor satisfaction levels.
- Address business demand by capturing high level technology requirements and strategic objectives.
- Act as an advocate on behalf of the IT business stakeholders to ensure the IT organization is aware of key business priorities and needs.
- Promote business knowledge of IT process, roles and procedures to ensure the best possible outcome.
- Understand and anticipate direction of the business needs, identify opportunities and make recommendations to support the desired future state.
- Work as the strategic interface with all areas within the IT organization (i.e. Software/Web Development, EDI, Security, Technology Services, BI) for the purpose of business-IT strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management.
- Provide the IT business stakeholders (e.g. Market Presidents, c-suite, and other team members) with strategic consulting level support and guidance on the IT portfolio and key IT initiatives.
- Identify and advocate recommendations for solution options in conjunction with the IT strategy analysts or other IT subject-matter-experts.
- Ensure the IT solutions support the organization's short-term and long-term business goals/strategy and align with IT strategy.
- Maintain current knowledge of company strategic objectives, product offerings, platform/system enhancements, and any industry, legislative, or regulatory changes that may impact the IT portfolio of products and services
- Clearly and effectively communicate decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding service requests, projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills and abilities and develops those qualities in their management team through candidate selection, effective onboarding training, goal setting and mentorship, as well as the ability to make course corrections when needed to get an individual or team back on track. Responsibilities also include opening doors, making introductions and clearing roadblocks, ensuring effective collaboration with other key stakeholders, mentoring individuals to increase knowledge, skills & abilities in order to build bench strength and succession plans.
- Knowledge of and compliance with Beacon policies, procedures and company-sponsored annual programs such as compliance training, performance reviews and merit planning.
- Monitor, report and provide oversight for resolution of any IT escalated issues.
- Participate and contribute in IT business stakeholder leadership meetings.
- Negotiate, listen, mitigate conflict, build alliances and achieve desired results using strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Work closely with others on intangible issues across organizational and business-entity boundaries.
- Provides IT business stakeholders with support during change management activities, IT annual planning and budget process.
- Lead, plan and/or perform special projects and other duties as assigned and required.
Relevant Work Experience:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in related field. BS/ BA/ BBA in Computer Science/Business Information Systems or similar technical degree preferred.
- Proficient in of Microsoft Office Applications especially Word, Project, PowerPoint, Visio and Excel
- Able to develop and coordinate short and long-range planning activities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with emphasis on provide visibility into opaque processes and functions
- Proficient communication skills and executive level presence
- Bachelor's degree in related field with superior academic performance, BS/ BA/ BBA in Computer Science/Business Information Systems or similar technical degree preferred.
- 6+ years' experience in a combination of IT complex program/project management and operations with a track record of success
- 4+ prior years' experience working as a Business Analyst
- 6+ prior years' experience working as Project Management
- 6+ prior years' experience in professional consulting experience - preferred
- 6+ prior years' Healthcare experience a plus, preferably in a payer organization
- 6+ prior years' supervisory experience
- Understanding of demand and resource management
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, negotiate diplomatically, and maintain composure and production quality under deadline pressure
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple high-visibility projects autonomously
- Ability to think strategically and act in a detailed, hands-on manner
Click below on "Apply for this Position" to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
AAP Reporting Location:MA - Boston (Corporate)
ID (Req #):55346
FTE Status:Full Time