B. Braun Medical Inc.Requisition ID
B. Braun Medical Inc# of Openings
8am - 5pmSite
Corporate/Sales/ B. Braun of Canada/ BIS/ CeGatOverview
With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.Responsibilities Position Summary:
The Associate Director, Channel Development is responsible for the creation and implementation of marketing programs pertaining to the specific customers within the GPO, Distribution, Government, IDN, OPM and Hospital Care channels. This position assists and supports Solution Management counterparts in an effort to maximize sales and profit within the various marketplaces. Supports customer marketing efforts and requires collaboration and partnership with Solution Management and Sales leadership as well as Strategy to execute. Reporting to the VP of Channel Development, this role will also provide insights and guidance to the product marketing and sales regarding marketing to the existing channel customers. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Designs and implements short-term channel marketing plans.
- Supports the development of long-term channel marketing plans.
- Contributes to the development of annual revenue & profitability plan.
- Maintains relationship with sales leadership to ensure marketing messages align with key sales objectives.
- Develops strategic plans to drive sales through wholesalers/distributers and to deepen engagement with customer partners.
- Incorporates marketplace, industry trends, customers, and competitors to develop a clear vision for channel segment.
- Collaborates with HEOR to develop the value proposition, value story, and messages to support channel marketing efforts.
- Collaborates with Pricing to develop a pricing and contracting strategy to effectively manage market competitiveness.
- Collaborates with Insights to drive activities that will maximize sales, defining and tracking metrics to measure the profitability of customer channel segments.
- Working with all other company Marketing personnel, defines and implements promotional activities designed to meet the needs of key, high value customer segments within the Non-acute market space.
- Collaborates with Marketing Communications in the development of both internal and external communication programs, i.e. sales bulletins, voicemails, newsletters, corporate identity, public relations activities, customer engagement and social media strategy.
- Maintains an active field travel schedule to regularly meet with key customers, sales personnel, vendors, and consultants.
- Prepare a monthly report for management on the development, implementation and ROI of customer marketing efforts, updating attainment of goals and objectives.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Ability to effectively and persuasively communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Experience leading and/or facilitating cross-functional or organizational groups.
- Ability to collaboratively problem-solve and quickly drive towards successful issue resolution.
- At ease conducting analysis and presenting information and findings clearly, concisely and accurately.
- Ability to draw meaningful conclusions and indicated actions, and set performance benchmarks.
- Knowledge of GPO contract structure and strategies.
- Knowledge and understanding of healthcare distribution channels.
- Knowledge of industry chargebacks and rebates.
- Ability to prepare and present executive reports at managerial briefings.
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- Principles of Marketing, technical product information, product selling/demonstration skills, office procedures, departmental policies, management theories.
- Base knowledge of US Hospital Care, Out Patient Markets and Health Systems.
- Knowledge of mathematics/statistical principles.
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing in pharmaceuticals and/or medical devices within the healthcare field.
- Proven experience as a marketing leader, product launches, sales, and/or strategic planning.
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience in managing people and resources.
- Advanced knowledge of B. Braun's products and services, especially within the solution line.
- Business travel - 40%
- Valid driver's license
- Secrecy and intervention program
- Experience in the marketing of medical devices, IV therapy, and/or drug therapy products.
- Experience in the sales of medical products as a Sales Representative or Region Manager.
- Experience managing products and product solutions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
#IN2017Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.