We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Manager of Courses, Scheduling, and ClassroomsDuties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Assistant Registrar, this position is responsible for the functioning and integration of course records - the Extension and Summer School course catalog - in the DCE student information system (SIS). This position will work on all aspects of setting up the catalog and schedule for over 1,500 courses. DCE introduces a variety of new course types every term and continues to expand its portfolio, including on-campus, online, and web-conference courses; HarvardX courses for credit; courses with required weekends; three-week, and seven-week Summer School courses; and a series of two-week summer courses offered through a Pre-College Program.
- oversees the work or gathering, compiling and updating course information from faculty course proposals, course roll, and other sources into relational database for preparation of DCE catalogs in Banner SIS
- manages all course details in the SIS for catalog preparation
- prepares the meeting schedule for all Extension School and Summer School departments
- assigns classrooms
- develops and maintains tracking systems to ensure data integrity for registration and for transfer of data to DCE websites, to Harvard University Cross Registration Catalog, and to Canvas course websites.
- monitors enrollment for necessary classroom changes when registration is open, and sends notifications
- manages use of FAS classroom space to ensure the best use of heavily-used and tightly-scheduled space shared with the FAS Registrar, the Office of Student Life, and Harvard College academic departments for courses, sections, student group meetings, and special events during the academic year; manages all FAS instructional space during Summer School
- oversees course creation and online registration for independent study and thesis courses
- maintains FAS RoomBook (EMS) for DCE
- updates and maintains multi-user FilemakerPro relational database, trains new users and users from other departments on how to navigate the database
- performs testing of new processes, software, and systems
- assists the Registrar and Academic Deans for both Extension School and Summer School with planning for registration, courses, calendars, communications schedules, publications, testing, website content, Summer School Opening weekend, and handbooks; advises on best approaches for new course and program design and development, including course formats
- compose concise, accurate, and timely written correspondence with faculty, students, FAS and DCE administration
- prepare for emergencies
- trains and directs the work of one FTE and occasional temporary employees
Three or more years of professional experience in academic or other equivalent administration
Relational database experience