Berkeley Research GroupJob ID
2018-1909# of Openings
Berkeley Research Group provides independent advice, data analytics, authoritative studies, expert testimony, investigations, and regulatory and dispute consulting to Fortune 500 corporations, financial institutions, government agencies, major law firms, and regulatory bodies around the world. BRG experts provide sophisticated economic, financial, and analytical advice across a wide range of disciplines, including antitrust and competition policy, complex damages, finance, healthcare, intellectual property, restructuring, valuation, and workforce issues. In addition, the firm assists clients in major industry sectors with compliance, business process improvement, and strategy consulting.
The Senior Associate position is a junior consulting staff position. This position requires a highly motivated problem solver with strong analytical ability and a desire to advance within the organization. The work of a Senior Associate can be either qualitative or quantitative in nature, and projects range from industry and subject-matter research to data collection to the preparation of statistical, financial, and other forms of analysis.
Headquartered in Emeryville, California, BRG currently has over 40 offices across the United States and internationally. This position offers advancement opportunities within a rapidly growing expert services and consulting firm.Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain electronic databases, spreadsheets and other files as dictated by project needs.
- Perform detailed research and analysis, then put the results into action (e.g., gather, review and summarize literature and data from the public domain, specialized industry resources, or client, public and commercial databases).
- Demonstrate creativity and efficient use of relevant software tools, analytical methods and computer models to develop solutions.
- Audit own work product and work product of others to assure quality.
- Participate in a team environment and work hard to meet client deadlines and quality expectations.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Participate in group practice meetings and travel as needed.
Candidate must be able to submit verification of his/her legal right to work in the United States, without company sponsorship. BRG is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in the areas of economics, finance, accounting, statistics, econometrics, or other related subject.
- 2 to 3 years prior work experience preferred.
- Proven capability with the analytical software SAS and MS Excel. A desire to expand those capabilities is required.