Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.Job DescriptionStudent Program Administrator - Tisch College - 18001618Description
The Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life prepares Tufts students to become active citizens and community leaders. As the only university-wide college of its kind, its mission is to engage Tufts students in meaningful community building, public service experiences, and transformational learning. It conducts groundbreaking research on young people's civic and political participation, and forges innovative community partnerships. Tisch College is a national leader in civic education, whose model and research are setting the standard for higher education's role in civic engagement.
Provides specialized, subject matter knowledge to develop, implement, review and evaluate a university Program or Project in collaboration with Manager or Director. The Student Program Administrator will run our Leadership for Social Change Summer Program as well as other key Tisch College programs. Participates in development of goals and strategies; creates data management and filing systems; develops, analyzes and monitors budgets, grants and contracts; and participates in development and implements marketing and advertising efforts including writing content for website and social media material. S/he will help to develop the knowledge and skills of leadership, civic engagement and community action with students preparing for college. Set up workshops, panel discussions, arrange tours to interactive civic sites. May design and represent program externally at conferences, meetings and events. Conducts research and drafts reports and results. May oversee recruitment and management of various Tisch College programs. May provide advice and counseling to students. Coordinates training of staff, students and temporary help. QualificationsBasic Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline and 3+ years of related experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Innovative, creative problem-solver able to manage multiple time-sensitive projects.
- Strong interest in pathways to civic engagement and leadership for young people.
- Experience working with groups of people representing diverse social identities and perspectives.
- Strong technology skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, graphics).
- Experience planning events and convenings.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
- Master's degree in related discipline and 3+ years of experience in related field of study.
- Experience coordinating and implementing curricula for leader development programs for young people.
- Experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram).
Tisch CollegeEmployee Status:
Sep 24, 2018, 2:09:46 PM