Leprino FoodsLeprino Foods Company supports a drug-free workplace and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disability/Veteran
2018-3024# of Openings
5Category Portal Searching
The sanitation operator is responsible for the disassembly, cleaning, sanitizing and re-assembly of cheese processing equipment. This position reports to the Processing Supervisor. No employees report to this position. The sanitation operator must be able to utilize sanitation standard operating procedures (SOP's) and application guidelines. No prior experience is required; knowledge can be learned on-the-job, such as the assembly and disassembly of processing equipment with the ability to make minor adjustments as necessary. The job holder needs to determine the correct chemical application depending upon varying soil loads and time availability; with the ability to recognize rework, redice, and scrap cheese.Responsibilities
QualificationsKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Remove all cheese prior to sanitizing equipment, separating it into rework, redice, or scrap categories. Operate equipment to mix blends of dry ingredients according to Make Plan.
- Reassemble and make all necessary minor adjustments to all processing equipment and verify proper equipment set up.
- Clean all equipment using foam or CIP and rinse thoroughly.
- Disassemble, sanitize, and reassemble all processing equipment properly.
- Rinse, foam, scrub, and rinse again all processing equipment properly.
- Protect all electrical panels and equipment from water damage by covering them.
- Comply with all safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Notify foreman/supervisor of any potential problems, hazards, broken or damaged equipment.
- Organize all parts for proper and efficient cleaning.
- Pre-clean all processing equipment using scrapers and air guns and water.
- Lockout/Tagout the equipment properly and disassemble all processing equipment.
Leprino Foods supports a drug-free workplace and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to determine the root cause to issues that arise, using skills of investigation, organizing thoughts and conclusions, and presenting these solutions to others
- Ability to deal with and understand different cultures
- Must be willing to support a 24/7 operation by being available to work weekends and holidays.
- The position requires standing, walking, climbing up steps and working at time in wet environment.