• Attend and participate in technical training programs to maintain personal skill level.
• Organize, prioritize and ensure service requests and repairs are made correctly and in timely manner.
• Inspect grounds, buildings, and other community features daily to minimize liability concerns and ensure excellent curb appeal at all times.
• Assist with turnkey operations if needed.
• Assist Maintenance Supervisor with monitoring inventory of parts and supplies at appropriate levels.
• Adhere to the Standard Operating Procedures.
• Help the Maintenance Supervisor to ensure staff is motivated and functions as an effective team.
• Maintain a superior customer service relationship with residents, co-workers, vendors, and the community.
• Communicate effectively with residents, co-workers, vendors, and the community.
• Work with the Maintenance Supervisor to maintain an effective preventative maintenance program.
• Work with the Maintenance Supervisor to adhere to budgeted guidelines.
• Work with the Maintenance supervisor to ensure physical condition of community is maintained according to company operating and safety standards.
• Work with the service team to ensure excellent curb appeal at all times.
• Assist the Maintenance Supervisor in maintaining hazard communications program to include the staffs safety training and MSDS binder.
• Ensure adherence to the companys safety and hazard communications programs, policies and procedures.
• Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor.
• A High School education or equivalent is required.
• Ability to fluently read and write English.
• Accurately perform intermediate mathematical.
• One to two years minimum experience in community management maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade. Renovation experience may be required for older communities built five or more years ago.
• Ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Our property staffing limitation makes it critical for you to work your scheduled hours consistently as well as overtime if necessary when requested.
• Ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary. On-call staff is required to live within a minimum distance to the property for efficient response time.
• Ability to travel to company training classes or to work at other properties as requested.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Will be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying (light to heavy weight material/appliances/equipment up to 50 pounds for variable distances), climbing ladders/stairs, and walking on rooftops without endangering yourself, residents or co-workers. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small-motorized equipment (i.e., repetitive hand/wrist, griping and elbow motion). Must have normal range of hearing, vision, color discrimination and depth perception for proper operation and repair of machines, wiring, and equipment. Must be able to complete tasks wearing appropriate safety equipment (i.e., back belts, goggles, masks, gloves, etc.).
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS
Must be able to read and write in English at intermediate level to read diagrams, meters, instructions, write reports, etc. Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions and plans. On a regular basis must use independent judgment (following prescribed procedures) to determine actions to be taken, priorities, emergencies, etc. Will interact regularly with residents, vendors, contractors, supervisors, employees and coworkers and therefore, must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Will be exposed on a regular basis to outdoor environment (i.e., heat, cold, damp, rain, etc.). Will also have light to moderate exposure to injuries (i.e., chemicals, electrical, machinery, tools, lifting, etc.). Will be exposed to some low-level noise when using power tools. Hazards can be minimized with proper lifting techniques, MSDS and general safety training and wearing of proper safety equipment.
• Valid drivers license and current automobile insurance is required; position requires own vehicle to fulfill all of jobs functions.
• EPA certification Type I and II.
• Pest Control, if performed in house.
• Other licenses and certification as required by Bainbridge, state or federal law.
• Own set of basic hand tools; tools not provided by property.
• Use of general maintenance equipment including but not limited to: hand tools, ladders, refrigerant recovery units, landscaping equipment and required safety equipment, all equipment must be used without jeopardizing the safety of yourself, fellow associates or residents.
• Appropriate safety equipment and apparel that includes proper footwear, such as work boots.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism
• Well organized, detail oriented, efficient
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Must be team oriented but able to work independently on occasion
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong customer service orientation
• Ability to meet deadlines which may include late hours and weekend as needed
• Ability to follow oral and written instruction
Special skills include ability to diagnose problems with and repair the following:
• Major appliances
• HVAC, with EPS Certification
• Basic to intermediate plumbing, sheetrock, general carpentry
• Basic to intermediate electrical, when no license is required
• Pool care and pest control if required by property
• Roofs and gutters
• Irrigation maintenance and repairs
• Fountain maintenance and repairs
• Foundation/sidewalk repairs
• Ice/snow removal
• Golf carts and small engine maintenance
• Basic computer and Internet knowledge
• Ability to use Outlook
• Ability to operate and understand personal computer functions and company utilized software packages
Learning and Development
• Commit to ongoing professional development and career growth
• Must wear career apparel based on defined company standards