IDC Requisition Number
US-MA-Framingham# of Openings
IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm operating in over 110 countries worldwide. Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future.
IDC is looking for an experienced Research Manager to help develop new products and research in its fast-growing Customer Insights & Analysis group. This opportunity is for someone to play a key role in the launch of new research in 2019, as well as contributing to ongoing research related to ICT market segmentation and analysis.
The role will include collection, modelling and analysis of business data to create actionable insights for major ICT vendors, investors and government clients around the world. This is an opportunity for someone with an innovative mindset to help guide the launch of important new products and make specific recommendations around the design and marketing of this new research.Responsibilities
IDC's Customer Insights & Analysis group provides ICT market segmentation across a range of areas including industry, company size, use case and line of business. Day-to-day activity includes a combination of ongoing work on regular syndicated products in addition to frequent client inquiries, custom research projects, sales support and other activities. Regular customer engagement and support is a crucial aspect of the role, as is collaboration with other IDC analysts based around the world to deliver projects on time with a high level of quality.
The ideal candidates will possess five primary skill sets:
- Strong quantitative and modeling skills
- Expertise in and passion for technology
- Excellent analytical skills
- Solid business development and client relationship capabilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Build integrated models for forecasting technology investments in support of Customer Insights and Analysis group's research practices
- Conduct quantitative analysis on moderate to highly complex consulting projects and ongoing research
- Gather and analyze secondary data to support modeling efforts, including financial and economic data for trend forecasting
- Present quantitative analysis to clients in easily understood and meaningful fashion
- Work with IDC clients on research requests, inquiries, and consulting projects
- Build relationships and collaborate with industry business units and analysts worldwide
- Develop a rapport with the entire CIA group to gather and process information Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA a plus
- 5-10 years of previous market research experience or in a related industry
- Advanced analytical and mathematical skills required -ability to design, develop and maintain large models for forecasting.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel to gather and present input and to develop user friendly interfaces for reporting and communicating model results and parameters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for client inquiry and internal collaboration
- Strong documentation skills along with verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient understanding of technology with the ability and desire to stay current on new industry developments affecting technology needs
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Ability to interpret financial statements (10-K, income statement, balance sheet
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.