IDC Requisition Number
US-MA-Framingham# of Openings
IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm operating in over 110 countries worldwide. Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future.
IDC is seeking an energetic Research Director in the Artificial Intelligence (AI)
space to join its analytics and information management market research and advisory group. The Research Director will be responsible for leading IDC's Artificial Intelligence Strategies market research service. AI is a major marker research area of demand for IDC and customer interest in it has created an opportunity to add a senior member to the team.Responsibilities
This is a public role with many client-facing and industry-facing responsibilities, but with primary responsibility for producing the research product and providing advisory services. The Research Director is responsible for building the reputation and the revenues of the service within their domain and is heavily involved in consulting and custom research.
Additional responsibilities include:
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.
- Managing the Artificial Intelligence research agenda, conducting primary and secondary market research, writing research reports
- Presenting at client and industry events
- Helping with marketing activities to raise industry visibility in the AI space
- Supporting sales by conducting business development
- Acting effectively as a client advisor to both technology suppliers and technology buyers
- Successful candidates will have prior experience or knowledge of the application of AI and/or Analytics solutions and associated resource investment and business value quantification.
- A diverse industry background is preferred
- The candidate must demonstrate thought leadership in this space and be able to communicate the importance of new ideas and trends to clients' senior management.