Primarily responsible for all aspects of systems administration for the ParkView Ops team, including compute (physical and virtual servers), storage administration and automation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead, coordinate, and participate in key process improvements for all Windows environments throughout the Infrastructure.
• Manages TrueSight Operations and other applications relating to ParkView. Update and software distribution, agent creating, and deployment.
• Manage installation, configuration and administration of VMware ESX/ESXi, vCenter and Hyper-V environments.
• Define and implement strategies for integrating Windows and non-Windows operating environments.
• Coordinate with Operations manager and subject matter experts to establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies (including firewalls) to ensure Windows system security.
• Installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems. OS and software with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Active Directory, SNMP, and Putty.
• Installation/configuration, operation, maintenance of system hardware and software with Linux
• Configuration and administration of the TrueSight Operations software.
• Participate in the design and review of new Patrol Agent deployments in both physical and virtual Environments.
• Coordinate with customers, business application, and database administration functions to ensure availability of monitoring, reliability, and scalability of ParkView systems to meet corporate objectives.
• Perform file system and database configuration and management.
• Support application development teams throughout project lifecycles.
• Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems, configure monitoring to communicate with customer agent and enterprise data servers.
• Ensure that TrueSight Monitoring policies are applied correctly using standard policies and procedures.
• Define and perform system backups and recovery procedures to ensure full data retrieval.
• Monitor and test system performance; provide statistics and reports.
• Recommend and execute modifications to Windows systems in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
• Experience with designing and implementing Active Directory and related services DNS, WINS, DHCP, FRS, and DFS, SNMP, Navisphere,
• Able to troubleshoot and resolve within cloud infrastructures such as AWS, Asure
• Ability to navigate through OEM monitoring tools
• Ability to write and update concise and logical technical documentation, including, but not limited to; diagrams, charts, specifications and design models.
• Experience supporting monitoring solutions, Nagios, Solar winds, TrueSight Operations, Patrol etc.
• Designing and implementing Microsoft Clustering and load balancing.
• Willingness to participate in on-call rotation during off hours and weekends
• Supports corporate ParkView IT (information technology) and depot networks, including remote (VPN) access to those networks, including troubleshooting LAN issues in conjunction with network administrators
• Escalate problems (when required) to the senior engineers, ParkView Operations Stakeholders and Management.
• Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
• Perform preventative maintenance as directed.
• Maintain documentation for production environments.
• Maintains an ongoing in-depth level of professional development to enhance technical skills, communication skills, business knowledge, and knowledge of IT products.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Science, or related field and/or equivalent technical degree required.
5+ years of experience in System Engineering.
3-5 years of experience with server administration of VMware, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Hyper-V on WS 2012 R2.
3+ years of experience with complete System Engineering Lifecycle including proposal development, preparation of technical papers, requirements analysis and large scale systems development.
Minimum 2 years working in SystemsNetwork Engineer capacity
Experience with variety of storage systems, backup systems and systems automation.
Experience with VMWare, VCenter, and Hyper-V including design and engineering, as well as advanced administration.
Experience with Windows 7/10 desktop.
Experience in virtualization, distributed file system, data replication between sites, disaster recovery and backup systems.
Experience in project management practices and principals.
Previous experience doing IT troubleshooting in a production environment.
Knowledge of major hardware components, RID configuration, backup systems, storage technology, clustering and load balancing.
Experience in product development a plus.
Working knowledge of network and desktop administration in a LAN environment.
Certifications or Licenses MCSE Certified.
A+ certification or similar.
Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, storage certification and training strongly recommended.
CCNA, CCNP preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Communication Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, vendors, customers, and/or the public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Other: Must be capable of leading process improvement efforts, implementing process changes, and improving productivity through process improvement. Must be effective at troubleshooting, resolving, and responding to infrastructure issues and problems; coordinating solutions with outside vendors, users, and information technology staff. Works well with defined procedures and has ability to define new procedures; works independently, has a solid understanding of all aspects of server and network hardware and operating systems.
• Occasional travel to other PPT locations and/or data center
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Long periods of time sitting at a desk (daily). Frequent walking.
• Manual dexterity to operate computers, related hardware and general office equipment, such as phone, fax/copier/scanner.
• Frequent reaching, pulling and pushing with hands and arms.
• Lifting of up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to speak and hear adequately.
• Clear vision at close, mid and far distances.
• Occasional driving.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Office environment (closed climate).