Hawthorne CAT is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status Hawthorne CAT participates in E-VerifyHawthorne CatJob ID
Under the supervision of the Service Manager, the shop clerk provides clerical support in the Service Department.Responsibilities
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Compute mechanic's daily time cards and input into computer; record mechanic's labor hours on Time & Attendance Record provided by corporate office, recap previous day's labor with computer report.
- Prepare and reconcile Time & Attendance Sheets for mechanics prior to forwarding to Payroll Department; verify accuracy or entries.
- Open, maintain, and close work orders: input labor, purchase order, outside purchases, and mechanics repair description. Clear all grievances before closing the work order and obtain credit approval for work orders requiring credit approval.
- Contact customers for purchase order numbers and at times may request payment for a cash job.
- At the request of customer or Service Manager, generate proforma invoices for cash jobs; collect payment for cash jobs.
- Upon request, keeps the Service Manager informed on the progress of quoted and flat rated jobs.
- Research closed work orders to determine if discrepancies exist; process any adjustments for corrections as directed by Service Manager.
- Files active jobs in a numerical file; files invoices, job closing summary prior to closing completed jobs. Correlates and files documents in appropriate job jackets.
- Close completed jobs by entering mechanic's detailed repair description when necessary; close warranty jobs with required information.
- Orders supplies needed for repair jobs/shop use and issues purchase orders to vendors. Post purchase orders and cost to jobs.
- Issues purchase orders to authorized shop personnel for the purchase of supplies.
- Reconcile purchase orders with delivery slips and vendor invoices; code all vendor invoices and process for payment through computer; keep duplicate invoice and file.
- Review vendor statements; research unpaid invoices belonging to department. Request copies of all outstanding invoices from the vendor.
- Answers incoming telephone calls for the Service Department and other departments as necessary.
- Distributes all Service Department's incoming and outgoing mail and daily reports.
- Types letter, quotations, facsimile invoices, reports and other documents.
- Review gasoline and diesel logs and post to jobs.
- Coding of all outside purchases and prepares journal vouchers to forward to accounting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of one year's experience in an office environment, preferably in a service shop.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have working knowledge Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel.
- Must have a valid Hawaii Class 3 Drivers' License with a clean driving record.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Walking and moving about on foot often up and down stairs.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous paperwork.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position If required to perform various functions of the job.
- Vision: Read paperwork, employment files and records on the computer.
- Talking: Communications by phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits at desk. Sits for long periods of time.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works in a service shop environment.
Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered. Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.