Hawthorne CAT is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status Hawthorne CAT participates in E-VerifyHawthorne CatJob ID
Under the direction of the Service Manager, this person provides administrative assistance to expedite processing of customer, warranty and internal work orders. Assists Service Managers in job closing by interpreting service reports and insuring appropriate entries are made on completed jobs prior to billing. Performs a wide variety of clerical and administrative duties pertaining to shop operation and work order control. Is knowledgeable in all standard and extended warranty programs and works with Sales Dept. or other dealers to determine the type of coverage at the time of job opening. Assists Service Managers in keeping customers informed on job status or changes on job status.Responsibilities
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Directs activities of the Service Clerk or additional clerical assistants who may be assigned.
- Reconciliation of the mechanic's computer time card with payroll time attendance record.
- Opens all work orders for repair jobs, files documents in appropriate job jackets, and prior to closing all completed jobs, and checks for errors.
- Orders supplies needed for repair jobs and shop use and issues purchase orders to the vendors involved.
- Assists with answering incoming telephone calls.
- Distributes all Service Department's incoming and outgoing mail.
- Reviews shop requisitions written by Parts Department.
- Files all Service department literature, correspondence and history files.
- Issues purchase orders to authorized shop personnel for the purchase of supplies.
- Obtains credit approval for revenue work orders as required.
- Coordinate with the Service Manager and Service Supervisor on status of jobs in process in order to keep the Work-In-Progress at a manageable level.
- Ensure timely submission of service reports by mechanics for all jobs on the Sims reporting system. Obtain Sims reports to authenticate warranty coverage on equipment sold by other dealers.
- Works with warranty writers and administrator to process and submit Caterpillar warranty claims for reimbursement.
- Upon request, keeps the Service Manager currently informed on the process of quoted and flat rate jobs.
- Coordinates with the Customer/Service departments and schedules pickups and delivery for equipment.
- Coordinates with the Service Managers and prepare work schedule for mechanics.
- Reviews Caterpillar service letters pertaining to safety modifications, PSP's or PIP's. Determines units located on Oahu, which require critical improvements, see that work orders are opened and initiate parts procurement.
- Coordinate with the Service Managers and contact customers to schedule contract maintenance or performance of PSP's or PIP's.
- Assists in preparation of quotations, facsimile invoices, reports and other documents.
- Oversees maintenance of vacation and sick leave records for service employees.
- As required, researches customer's complaints to determine if discrepancies exist and assists Service Managers in resolution of disputes. Processes any adjustments or corrections as directed by the Service Manager.
- Assists Service Managers in administration of Hawthorne Pacific Corp.'s safety, credit, housekeeping and other rules, policies and procedures.
- Keeps the Service Managers currently informed on all matters of managerial importance.
- Performs other Service Department's duties as required.
- Assist manager to ensure departmental key metrics are monitored and sustained.
- Assist manager in identifying areas of training that are needed for support staff (technicians).
- Must have a minimum of five years in a service shop environment.
- Supervisory skills and experience preferred.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- PC skills required.
- Must have a valid Hawaii Drivers License.
- Must have customer service experience and be diplomatic, courteous with great attention to detail.
Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Walking and moving about on foot often up and down stairs.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous paperwork.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist
- Standing: Remains in standing position If required to perform various functions of the job.
- Vision: Read paperwork, employment files and records on the computer.
- Talking: Communications by phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits at desk. Sits for long periods of time.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works in a service shop environment.
Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered. Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.