2018-17102# of Openings
2018-10-10EEO Group Code
5B - Admin AssistantsOverviewPOSITION SUMMARY
Under the general supervision of the Department Managers, the Administrative Assistant performs a wide range of administrative and office support activities in order to facilitate the efficient operation of the departments or yards. The beginning pay for this position is $18.00 an hour.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and ExperienceMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Performs a wide variety of basic, repetitive, and routine office support and reception duties.
- Assists in telephone reception for departments using a business telephone system.
- Greets the public and refers visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Process new hire applications through the iCIMS system, schedule interviews, and complete necessary paperwork.
- Assists with new hire orientation.
- Provides corporate offices with information and reports.
- Processes and mails outgoing correspondence; receive, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence.
- Manages calendars.
- Provides filing assistance.
- Prepares and maintains administrative assistant procedures.
- Schedules meetings as needed.
- Operates a personal computer or computer terminal to generate reports, graphs, lists, or other information.
- Drafts routine office documents such as letters, memos, reports, and presentations as needed.
- Assists in maintaining office equipment and maintains and orders office supplies.
- Advises supervisors of any issues to ensure excellent customer service.
- Runs errands (post office, office supplies, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in a business related area or equivalent preferred.
- 0-2 years of experience in the oil and gas industry preferred.
- Ability to apply intermediate mathematical concepts.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual needs to have intermediate knowledge of varies types of computer software, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable MVR which meets approved driver's written criteria preferred.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment screenings.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position. This position will require considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral, written, and communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills. This position also requires knowledge of: modern office procedures and practices; correct punctuation, spelling, and grammatical usage; filing, indexing, and cross-referencing methods; the ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook; and basic business arithmetic. Other skills needed include:
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is to a typical office environment and could occasionally be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
__________________________________________________________________________________________This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.Excellent Benefits:
Medical, Dental Vision, Disabilitiy, Life, Matching 401 (k), Employeee Stock Purchase Plan.Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Drug Free Workplace.To be considered for this position, please apply below.