Territory: Southwest (preferred location is in the central part of the USA near a large metro area)
To be a credible source of evidence based information that demonstrates the value of Otsuka products from the clinical, economic and humanistic standpoint and works in partnership with providers, payers and other key stakeholders to apply practical real-world solutions to improve patient outcomes. This position will cover cross-therapeutic areas within the company.
- Insights: collect and submit field medical insights that drive decision making and prioritization of evidence generation efforts and healthcare solutions
- Solutions: identify opportunities for solutions within territory that improve patient outcomes; deploy and apply solutions through direct customer interactions
- Healthcare Systems & Trends: maintain a comprehensive knowledge of territory, the interconnectivity of the key decision makers within and the challenges faced in providing and delivering optimal patient care
- Economic Value: communicate and deliver pharmacoeconomic data (including quality, cost and patient outcomes) that address payer and provider needs and priorities; including implementing practice decision support and care management tools that positively impact the delivery of patient care
- Compliance: conduct all interactions with healthcare professionals, payers and other stakeholders in accordance with all applicable Otsuka policies and procedures.
- Advanced degree in Pharmacy, Medicine, Biological Sciences, Health Services Research or Public Health, (Pharm.D., M.D., Ph.D. or D.Ph.) is required
- Must have an understanding of the interconnectivity of health systems, overall delivery of patient care and how to solution with the overall goal of improved patient outcomes
- Must be an expert on current literature, therapeutic issues, process of care and the competitive landscape related to therapeutic area
- Willingness to travel (60-80% travel time) within assigned territory
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Development & Commercialization, Inc. (OPDC) is an innovative, fast-growing healthcare company that discovers and develops new compounds that address unanswered medical needs and advance human health. With a strong focus on neuroscience, oncology, and cardio-renal treatments, OPDC is dedicated to improving the health and quality of human life. For more information, visit www.otsuka-us.com
OPDC is a subsidiary of Otsuka America, Inc. (OAI), a holding company established in the U.S. in 1989. OAI is wholly owned by Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. The Otsuka Group employs approximately 42,000 people globally and its products are available in more than 80 countries worldwide. Otsuka welcomes you to visit its global website at https://www.otsuka.co.jp/en/
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.