Computers/Software | Renton, Washington
SDET II - Messaging
Our new Linux SDET will be a key member of adevelopmentteam and will be responsible for troubleshooting and triaging problem reports from our communications system testing process. The successful candidate will have a balance of skills and experience with design and testing of wireless communications systems.
Develop and execute software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes in wireless communications systems.
The specific duties of the position include:
- Build numerous automated tests scripts for existing test harnesses using Cucumber andRuby.
- Participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture, and detailed design documents.
- Participate intest automation of back offices in a virtual environment.
- Work on defining strategies for functionaltesting as part of Sprints.
- Test the product and documentationas needed to support the target release schedule.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover, document and regress defects, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Communicate test estimates, test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent. * (*Will accept a bachelor's degree equivalency prepared by a qualified credential evaluator)
- Minimum of 4years of experience in software testing which must include:
- 4years in testing in a Linux environment
- 4years in testing methodologies (functional testing, system testing, integration testing, performance testing).
- 4years in creating automation for Linux based applications and describing an automation strategy.
- 2years in building numerous automated test scripts for existing test harness using an Object-Oriented Programming language.
- 1 year in Agile SCRUM experience, including running daily triage and interfacing with Product Managers & Development Leads.
- 2 years in testing with ownership of a major software component or multiple medium components.
- 2 years in debugging, monitoring bug resolution efforts, and tracking successes.
- 2 years in working with technical specifications and log file analysis.
- 2 years in documentation, verbal and interpersonal communication.
- 2 years in effective communication of technical concepts and information to internal staff and peers.
- Familiarity withsource control systems such as Git/SVN
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Familiarity with testing of containerized applications
- Familiarity with SNMP, DHCP, UDP, TCP
- Familiarity withRHEL(Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
- Familiaritywith network security concepts
- Familiarity with Ruby and Cucumber