Director of Sales - Fire Protection Products
Anvil International for more than 150 years has provided the finest-quality pipe products and services with integrity and dedication to superior customer service at all levels. We provide expertise and product solutions for a wide range of applications, from plumbing and mechanical, HVAC, industrial and fire protection to mining, and oil and gas. Our comprehensive line of products includes: pipe couplings, plain-end fittings, valves, cast and malleable iron fittings, forged steel fittings, steel pipe nipples and couplings, pipe hangers and hardware, channel and strut fittings, mining and oil field fittings, and much more.
The Director of Sales will manage his/her assigned territory through a sales team that sells and promotes Anvil products thru Fire Protection Distributors. Primary sales are directed toward established distributors within the territory. Trains and works with the outside sales team to provide opportunities to learn or expand their knowledge of the water distribution industry and sales strategies, all while earning a competitive base salary plus commissions. Company car and full benefit offerings make for a well-rounded total package for the right individual. This position can be based near any major metropolitan area.
- Manage and lead the daily responsibilities of Territory Sales Managers within the assigned territory to grow sales
- Conduct sales meetings to train, inform, update all staff members
- Manage interactions between the outside/inside sales departments and other departments, including Warehouse, Operations to ensure proper handling of customer requirements
- Responsible for the implementation, monitoring and enforcing of policies among the team
- Maintain positive relationships between all rep firms and customers
- Provide complete service to established distributor network including: quotations, product training, technical and literary support, product complaint, inventory maintenance, and delivery issues.
- Analyze and make recommendations to management for enhancing the corporation’s sales goals based on data plan for the department’s future goals and tasks.
- Call on end product users to promote new and existing product lines and develop favorable specification position.
- Perform product training for end users and distributors to promote advantages of Anvil Fire Protection products and enhance specification position.
- Develop cooperative relationships with key distributors and end user personnel to enhance product demand.
- Establish sales goals and specification objectives to meet company sales budget.
- Identify significant bid opportunities and provide complete project information, including price strategy.
- Provide after sale service support, including warranty and claims management.
- Actively participate in trade organizations to promote Anvil products.
- Continuously update end users database for territory.
- Provide Corporate Sales office with monthly sales forecast and market overview.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of related experience; five (5) years outside sales experience in the water distribution industry or related field (construction, piping, etc.)
- A minimum of five (5) years of management experience; previous experience in managing remote teams preferred.
- A strong understanding of the Fire Protection market
- Requires strong analytical skills
- Must demonstrate good judgment, decision making, and ability to plan and accomplish required goals.
- Ability to build positive relationships and influence with leadership skills
- Valid driver’s license with no major violations.
- Ability to cover large geographical sales territory by car and/or airplane.
- Intermediate computer experience with particular proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint programs.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Comfortable with public speaking engagements and the ability to deliver presentations to large groups.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a business, engineering, or communications-related field.
- Mechanical aptitude.
Chicago, Illinois, United States