Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.Sales . US Field BasedDescription
Seattle Genetics is looking for a Market Development Manager for the Northeast territory to support the continued launch of ADCETRIS, the company's breakthrough antibody drug conjugate prescribed for patients with Hodgkins Lymphoma and ALCL.
The MDM is an exceptional leader with deep hematology/oncology experience who will work regionally to drive results in three main areas: KOL advocacy and alignment, speaker identification and training, and field optimization of promotional programs.
The MDM will report to the Director of Market Development and will collaborate closely on field activities with Marketing, Market Planning, Legal, Compliance, Sales Management, Sales Training, Manage Markets and Medical Affairs.
Responsibilities: KOL Advocacy and Alignment
The MDM will identify and establish strong relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) with the objective of building long-term and compliant KOL advocacy for ADCETRIS in our labeled indications. The MDM will monitor KOL opinions about treatment patterns in our labeled indications, syndicate this information with appropriate corporate and field-based colleagues, and assist in the development of partnership opportunities with top-tier KOLs. Key deliverables will include:
Speaker Identification and Training
- Drive ADCETRIS awareness within its labeled indications and be primarily accountable for commercial partnerships with KOLs
- Identify top tier and second tier thought leaders regionally who are aligned in the approved therapeutic markets, and lead development of KOL opinion and influence mapping
- Work with the managed markets team to identify managed care opinion leaders, and coordinate KOL support for on-label reimbursement issues
- Work closely with marketing to coordinate partnering opportunities with KOLs, and assist with KOL recruitment for special initiatives (e.g. training, national meetings, slide development, home office visits, ad boards, etc.)
- Problem solve negative KOL experiences and coordinate cross-functional action plans (within Commercial, Medical Affairs, senior leadership, etc.)
The MDM will work with Seattle Genetics colleagues to identify and train appropriate speakers within our regions and ensure appropriate follow-up.
Field Optimization of Promotional Programs
- Develop and execute annual KOL speaker engagement plan for region
- Work with field partners to identify qualified promotional speakers
- Manage the contracting, training and on-going educational efforts with approved speakers
- Assess speaker utilization and ensure compliance with internal guidelines
- Work with sales and marketing to ensure efficient management of our promotional speakers bureau
- Attend local, regional and national speaking engagements and summarize effectiveness; ensure follow-up with sales and marketing'
- Assist the field in driving HCP attendance to speakers programs
- Develop and coordinate society meeting (ASCO, ASH, ONS etc.) functions
- Support commercial ad board activities
The MDM will be the primary field resource responsible for the success of marketing promotions and will play a key liaison role between sales and marketing. The MDM role will work closely with sales and marketing to track all field-based promotional spend, monitor regional budgets and support marketing decisions to consistently meet the needs of Seattle Genetics' customers and patients. An additional component of this role will be to explicitly measure the effectiveness of promotional investments. The development of ROIs and metrics will also be a key component of these activities.
- 10+ year track record of sustained, outstanding sales and account management experience in oncology, with a preference for a strong background in hematology or liquid tumors. Ideally, the candidate should have worked for top tier biotech or pharma companies that are well known for cutting edge science and innovative customer focused processes
- Demonstrated ability to build exceptional top-tier KOL relationships, while adding medical, scientific and business value to oncology practices. Prefer candidates with impressive academic or clinical experiences where they can further enhance KOL interactions
- Demonstrates a broad range of leadership and professional competencies including team leadership, collaborative and cross functional problem solving and communications, and a passion for the science of oncology and for helping patients with cancer
- The preferred MDM candidate will be an oncology sales professional who already holds a KOL advocacy role with another oncology company, or is an exceptional oncology sales account leader who can bring extensive KOL relationships and deep oncology expertise to the job
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Cross-Functional Influence
- Makes Sound Decisions/Accountability
- Promotes Collaboration and Teamwork
- Leadership Managerial Courage
- Shows Drive and Initiative
- Product/Disease State/Market Knowledge
- KOL Development/Insights
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com