Neenah PaperJob Locations
US-WI-Appleton# of Openings
The General Labor Pool is the entry level position within Neenah Paper Appleton Mill in Appleton, WI. This position is assigned on various jobs throughout the facility and assists the Machine Operators in producing large rolls of paper for customers and other Neenah Paper facilities.
Pay is $21.41/hour (effective 6/1/2018) upon successful completion of a 45 working day probationary period. Responsibilities
- Assist and take direction from machine operators in the production of large rolls of paper.
- Operate a motorized overhead hoist to load large Mill rolls of paper onto machines.
- Operate a stand-up and sit down fork-lift to move large mill rolls.
- Lift 35 pound wooden pallets into position.
- Identify machine malfunctions and problem-solve solutions to get the machine back into a productive state. Qualifications
- Ability to read instructions in English and communicate effectively in a team and self-directed environment.
- Ability to read a ruler and accurately measure to produce quality rolls according to customer specification.
- Ability to drive various forklifts and clamp trucks safely.
- Ability to utilize a computer for time-keeping and packaging equipment operation.
- Ability to bend and support weight at knees to work under equipment for up to 5 minutes at one time.
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment, including a respirator if required.
- Must be at least 18 years or older, able to work more than 8 hours per day, and rotate shifts in a 3-shift operation on a weekly basis, working more than 5 days per week.
- Must complete all job responsibilities without placing themselves or others at risk of injury.
- Ability to satisfactorily progress to Machine Assistant and then Machine Operator within a 12-month time period.
- Ability to work in hot and humid environment.
Neenah Paper, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant due to race, ethnicity, gender, religion, national origin, veteran's status or on the basis of disability. We are committed to having a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.