Estes Forwarding Worldwide, LLC
EFW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/VeteranJob ID
2018-1763# of Openings
Control Tower - OperationsType
Temp to hireShift
Founded in 2003, Richmond-based Estes Forwarding Worldwide (EFW) is a domestic and international freight forwarder. At EFW, we are always on. Our commitment to personal service has made us a leader in logistic solutions across the globe. With offices across the country, EFW offers a full range of domestic and international solutionsincluding air, ocean, ground and international transportationthat few competitors can match.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide best in class customer service in a fast paced environment within the transportation industry.Duties include but are not limited to:
- Build rapport with customers by greeting them in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
- Answer inbound inquiries by clarifying information; researching, locating and providing accurate information.
- Keep equipment operational by following procedures and reporting problems.
- Participate in company offered, educational opportunities to keep job knowledge current.
- Resolve problems by clarifying issues, researching and exploring solutions, and escalating unresolved problems.
- Effectively transfer misdirected customer requests to appropriate party.
- Recognize opportunities to up sell to accounts additional services.
- Meet or exceed quality assurance requirements and other key performance metrics.
- Contribute ideas on ways to resolve problems to better serve the customer and/or improve productivity.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Comply with company C-TPAT and TSA security procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum of a High School Diploma (or equivalent) and some customer service experience. Minimum of 1 year of Call Center or Customer Service experience preferred. Knowledge of Transportation industry preferred. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration and college experience is a plus.
Confident, friendly, professional, with a strong work ethic.
Ability to listen attentively to customer needs and concerns; demonstrate empathy.
Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook; experience with AS/400 helpful.
Ability to easily maneuver between multiple websites and computer screens.
Ability to navigate multiple concurrent windows and efficiently provide helpful information to the customer.
Ability to utilize computer programs, keyboard, telephone.
Skilled in the use of chat and video conferencing applications such as Lync and Skype.
Basic knowledge of Estes Forwarding Worldwides product offering, operations, billing and corrections procedures.
Demonstrated ability to rapidly gain product knowledge.
Ability to effectively and accurately communicate in writing and on the telephone.
Must be able to interact well with others.
Must be able to work independently or in a team setting.
Must be able to work in a high volume environment.
Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities.
Respond well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations/procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines.
Ability to work with peers and communicate basic concepts
Ability to solve practical problems through standardized solutions that require limited judgment.
Ability to follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve routine problems.
Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
At this time, EFW will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
EFW prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a drug screen and a background check.
EFW offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.