Hawthorne CAT is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status Hawthorne CAT participates in E-VerifyHawthorne CatJob ID
Regular Full-TimeOverview POSITION SUMMARY:
As a technician, you are responsible for providing high quality repairs on Caterpillar and allied equipment. You will need to diagnose and troubleshoot engines, powertrains, electrical, and hydraulic systems; experience with cat diagnostic equipment, Cat repair tooling, rigging, and blocking equipment is preferred. Due to multiple projects you will be assigned, this position requires planning and organization skills with a particular emphasis on controlling job costs. You will need to investigate, analyze, and identify the problem in order to make recommendations that eliminate the issue. Our technicians work with a variety of people, communication skills that include strong interpersonal skills, effective writing, basic computer skills, and ability to respond to the lead technicians/management in a positive, caring, and timely manner is required. Responsibilities ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Analyze and diagnose equipment malfunctions.
- Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components, and test and adjust assemblies with minimal supervision
- Perform Caterpillar updates as directed by Caterpillar, Inc.
- Analyze all Caterpillar and allied product equipment systems and components for proper operation in arrangement application based on theory of design.
- Effectively communicate with the lead technician.
- Organize a job in a logical and economical sequence.
- Utilize Modern (computer program) as required by leads.
- Ordering of parts through DBS (Dealer Business System).
- Entering your labor time in daily (DBS).
- Ability to perform assigned work within the communicated time quoted/flat rated.
- Complete assigned jobs to meet flat rate times with minimal to no rework.
- Write service reports that accurately document diagnosis and repairs performed on a daily basis.
- Attend tool box meetings as required.
- Adheres to all company policies.
- Follow contamination control and OSHA/MSHA rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as directed by lead or field service supervisor.
- General knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments, laptops, diagnostic software and cranes/rigging equipment.
- This position requires the ability to provide accurate information to lead/supervisor for quoting.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Must be able to obtain a passing score for the crane qualification test performed by a qualified Hawthorne trainer for this position.
- Ability to work unsupervised efficiently and be part of a team environment.
- Must be able to pass the Lock Out / Tag Out & Forklift certification class provided by a qualified Hawthorne trainer for this position.
- Performs the position with pride in professionalism while following Hawthornes code of conduct.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prefer to have one of the following
- Two (2) years of experience in the repair of Caterpillar products.
- Successful completion of Level One Technician program
- Possess basic computer knowledge and ability to use service software required in position.
- Must have valid California Driver's License with a good record.
- Shop Requirements: Valid California Class "C" driver's license.
- Field Requirements: Valid California Class "B" driver's license, if assigned vehicle is required.
- Furnish all hand tools required to repair, test and diagnose hydraulic, air, power train, electrical and electronic systems on Caterpillar equipment.
- NOTE: Some high dollar value tooling is supplied by Hawthorne.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Walking and moving about on foot often through uneven terrain.
- Hands/arms operating equipment, hand and power tools.
- Lifting: Up to 50 lbs. daily, frequent exertion. Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts and tools.
- Handling: Works with hands.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required for certain repair or maintenance work.
- Climbing: In and out of equipment.
- Vision: Read work tickets, parts and service books and operate heavy equipment.
- Talking: Communications by radio, phone, in writing, and in person.
- Sitting: Sits in equipment and in vehicles.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Hearing: Hears well enough to discern mechanical problems for safety in and around shop and construction sites and to receive communication by radio, phone and in person.
- Laying: Lies in prone position under vehicles and equipment.
Lifting: Up to 50 lbs. daily, frequent exertion. Repetitive from # 3 above ENVIRONMENTAL:
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temperatures/Weather: Works in the field, outside with variations of temperature and weather.
- Exposure: Foul odors, fumes and harsh substances.
Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered. Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.