E.E. Cruz & Company, Inc.
EE Cruz is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.
Duration: Full-time Regular
Department: Business Development & Marketing
# of Openings: 1
Req #: 2973Description
As Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for leading all subcontract and large procurement activities within the region. Responsibility includes working closely with leaders from across the organization to ensure all pre-bid and award activities are proactively consideration and completed in the best interest of the company.Responsibilities
- Work with estimating team to coordinate all pre-bid activities from a procurement/contract management perspective. This includes: vendor identification, assessment/evaluation, coordination of DBE and MWBE activities to ensure goals are achieved, partnering with the other functional areas to ensure pre-bid proposals include scope review and schedules from subs and vendors, ensure that bid documents are secured (bid bonds, insurance, executed documents).
- Manage RFP process, which will include soliciting subcontractors and vendors for upcoming RFP's and working with the estimating teams to define proper and complete scopes of work for large material and subcontracted works.
- Work closely with other functional areas to action procurement and contract activities once the project is awarded. This includes: vendor selection, negotiating terms and conditions, coordinated the distribution of Award Letters, coordinate subcontract activities, purchase orders, professional services and maintenance contract processes from draft through final selection.
- Review, refine and implement procurement processes, procedures and standards across the company.
- Assume complete ownership for all project contract documentation (purchase orders, subcontracts, change orders, owner files).
- Coordinate with project management and legal and other functional areas regarding contractual issues related to the performance of subcontract vendors. This includes but is not limited to actively participating in project site meetings, claim filing and notifications and crafting correspondence in the best interest of the company.
- Perform project close out activities
- Attend Outreach meetings within the region
- Supporting all company policies, procedures and values at all times.
- Performing additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or related discipline or the equivalent years of practical work experience
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in procurement and subcontract management, with at least 2 of those in a construction/heavy civil environment in the New York market.
- Experience with contract risk assessment, terms and conditions including effectively managing change provisions, project controls, closeout, claim avoidance and preparation of bidder lists
- Experience in soliciting and evaluating quotations and proposals, coordinating final vendor selection, negotiating applicable terms and conditions including price and delivery terms, awarding subcontracts
- Demonstrated track record of successfully negotiating with various internal and external stakeholders
- Strong business acumen, detail orientation, ability to effectively utilize analytics to drive business results, and an entrepreneurial orientation.
- Effective communication skills (oral, written and presentation skills)
- Prior experience with DBE and MWBE
- Strong planning & organizational skills, results-oriented and the capability of driving multiple projects simultaneously to completion.
- High initiative, strong judgment and solutions orientation
- Previous experience with ProCore, HCSS and Primavera P6 is advantageous