Xenobiotic Laboratories (XBL), a subsidiary of the Lab Testing Division of WuXi AppTec, Inc., is a leading contract research laboratory specializing in small molecule bioanalytical, drug metabolism, and pharmacokinetic services to the pharmaceutical, animal health and agrochemical industries. XBL is seeking a Sample Receiving Officer for their Facility Department located in Plainsboro, NJ. ResponsibilitiesPrimary Duties and Responsibilities:
QualificationsExperience / Training / Education:
- Responsible for Managing the movement of products/equipment/materials in and out of the country in accordance with organizational policy and procedure.
- Comply with relevant local, country and international laws and processes
- Manage the necessary documentation and online forms for the efficient and lawful execution of all import/export activities
- Communicate with export and import related authorities along with customers and suppliers, in all relevant territories and countries, as necessary to ensure efficient, positive and lawful support in relations and activities
- Resolve critical customer support issues & order follow-ups with network of agents and partners and/or internal management (i.e. Command center Specialty teams) via Inbound Calls & emails in a Timely Manner.
- Assist with custom clearance matters
- Act as liaison between client and third party carriers
- Ensures orderly storage and retrieval system of all study related of all study-related TSRC and RTS materials.
- Receives all test systems/samples/specimens (test system), test substances/articles, reference chemicals/substances, control substances/articles (TSRC) and general chemical shipments. Documents the condition of the shipment, including missing items, damaged materials, and inappropriate packaging. Assigns storage locations and/or delivers materials to scientists. Maintains chain of custody as required by the EPA/FDA. Oversees and coordinates Sample Receiving services to ensure access to samples by scientific staff.
- Inspects all incoming radiolabeled shipments for possible contamination and notifies the Radiation Safety Officer of any contamination.
- Ensures that necessary GLP support information is obtained from the sponsor, supplier, or XBL scientist for TSRC and test system materials.
- Functions as the source for internal storage, retrieval, and return of TSRC and test system materials.
- Maintains TSRC and RTS files, walk-in freezer inventories, radiolabeled chemical inventory and general chemical inventory.
- Assists with photo-reproduction and archiving of RTS and TSRC documentation.
- Engages in Sample Management duties (tracking, notification and disposition of study sample).
- Complies with all safety rules, practices good housekeeping, and maintains safe workplace without supervision.
- Thorough understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and EPA, FDA, or other relevant regulations.
- Promotes implementation and compliance with XBL safety policies, practices, and procedures in order to maintain a safe work environment and minimize or eliminate injury.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree and 2-5 years of experience
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Experience working with Laboratory (GLP) environment preferred
- Experience within US & International import/export rules and regulations
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills (Written & Verbal); experience with working with US/International clients maintaining relationship
- Any similar combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of commonly used shipping/receiving and safety concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced multitasking environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills and attention to detail
- Computer skills: working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
- Familiarity with and adherence to regulatory guidelines consistent with XBL requirements
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled