Regular Part-Time# of Openings
Commonwealth Senior Living at Gloucester House Overview
Do you love being a caregiver and have a sincere passion for working with seniors? Our Resident Care Associates do too! Our direct care team consists of people with their Personal Care Aide (PCA) and/or Certified Nursing Aide (CNA) certification or a willingness to obtain this. We can train you! This team cares for our residents in a number of ways including personal needs, grooming and hygiene, housekeeping, laundering, social interactions, and meals. The main objective of this position is to possess a big heart and a need to serve while you monitor the residents' comfort and respond to their physical and emotional needs.
This position is the first step in becoming a nurse! This position often grows into a Registered Medication Aide (RMA) and can grow into leadership opportunities at our communities. Team members can pursue a nursing education and Commonwealth Senior Living will assist with paying for education and providing training! Career growth into Assistant Resident Care Director or Resident Care Director is possible. Our company even boasts several Executive Directors that began their careers in this role! Qualifications
- Caring about people. Previous work with seniors would be fantastic!
- Drive for doing the right thing and seeing things through to the end
- Passionate about a job well done, having fun, and celebrating success
- Confident to speak up
- Great listener
- Takes ownership and adds value - seeks to improve something every single day!
- Consistently exhibits respect in all interactions
- Ability and desire to provide exceptional customer service
- Possessing your Virginia State PCA or CNA certification would be ideal