Cascade TechnologiesGeneral Information
|Location|| ||2121 Cooperative Way Suite 200|
Herndon, VA 20171
|Employee Type|| ||Exempt|
|Industry|| ||Information Technology|
DescriptionCTI is a recognized award-winning provider of information technology and professional services. Focused primarily on the Federal Government, CTI delivers technology enabled, results oriented solutions. CTI has built long term business relationships by ensuring the availability of highly skilled and certified resources providing a broad range of capabilities that meet the unique needs of all customers. With a 100% referenceable client base, CTI leverages industry best practices and business innovations to provide measurable results.
Cascades Technologies, Inc. is seeking an experienced Instructional Design Professional with strong management and writing skills who can manage the design and development of training programs and curriculum. The successful candidate will direct all phases of the instructional design process: analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a collaborative team (instructional designers, multimedia artists, subject matter experts, eLearning developers, and technical writers/editors) and managing all course-level development processes.
The ideal candidate is independent, is creative, has attention to detail, and has good interpersonal skills. Strong organization, administrative, research, and writing skills are a must. The successful candidate will manage production schedules, workflow, and resources (internal and external) to ensure timely and quality delivery of courses. The successful candidate will serve as the point of contact to communicate with the client about project scope, schedule, issues, quality, and other expectations.
Travel will be limited, mostly to the Washington, DC–Maryland area.Responsiibilities:
- Provide oversight, guidance and direction to instructional design, editorial, and production team members
- Direct the design and development of new training products, including materials and courseware to support classroom instructor-led training, virtual instructor-led training, online learning, and blended learning options
- Review new and existing courses to provide constructive critiques, propose improvements, and identify opportunities for new pedagogical models or techniques and delivery options
- Review high-level documentation, recommended delivery method, curriculum content, and support materials to ensure mastery of learning objectives
- Ensure appropriate learning objectives and test methods and instructionally valid training materials
- Ensure integrity of task analysis, training requirements, training hierarchies, instructional materials, and evaluation plans
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to instructional design, editorial, and production processes, practices, and technologies for standardization and effectiveness
- Research current and emerging learning and development trends and technologies to stay current in the field of instructional design and apply them to course development practices
- Oversee Section 508 compliance and SCORM compliance of instructional design products
- Provide regular progress and status updates to client
- Prepare project administration documents and reports
- Participate in special projects as required
Cascades Technologies, Inc. is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Vet/Disability) that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are a military friendly organization and veterans are encouraged to apply. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Thank you for considering us for employment.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in instructional systems design
- 5+ years of experience in instructional design
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing the instructional design process, including consultative approaches to solving learning problems
- Strong research and writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective administrative and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Must be able to successfully pass federal government background investigation and achieve Public Trust clearance