Leprino FoodsLeprino Foods Company supports a drug-free workplace and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disability/Veteran
2018-3077# of Openings
1Category Portal Searching
This position requires knowledge of warehousing operations, familiarization with production operations / requirements, Corporate and governmental policies, computer reports and safety procedures policiesResponsibilitiesPrinciple Accountabilities
General Outline of Duties
- Operate and maintain material handling equipment, floor scrubbers, and batteries and battery chargers
- Deliver supplies and/or raw materials on a timely basis to staging areas.
- Document forklift inspection sheet.
- Responsible for taking inventory of products in warehouse, including pallets and boxes as needed.
- Re-palletize, re-label and/or rewrap according to customer or Corporate specifications.
- Responsible for putting produced pallets into racks as needed. Responsible for scanning the barcodes before putting product away.
- Work with production and quality employees as needed.
- Maintain good housekeeping as assigned in the master sanitation schedule and other duties as assigned.
- Conduct inventory and reconciliation according to Corporate guidelines and Team Leads/Supervisors instructions.
- Perform work in a safe manner by following safety procedures and policies, critical safety rules, and expected standard conduct. Maintain 5S standards.
- Inspect, verify incoming and outbound shipments with accordance with Corporate guidelines.
- Load trailers according to customer release, Corporate policy, and/or special instructions from foreperson/supervisor.
- Responsible for inspecting the truck to make sure it is a food safe environment: for example, no blood or dirt, along with off odors.
- Prepare bills of lading, inspection forms, pallet exchange forms, warehouse logs and other shipping/receiving paperwork.
- Verify the correct product code is going on to the correct truck.
This position requires knowledge of warehousing operations, familiarization with production operations / requirements, Corporate and governmental policies, computer reports and safety procedures policiesQualifications
General Experience/Educational Background
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Must be able to work Sunday - Saturday, off-shifts, weekends, holidays, and required overtime to support a 24 hour/7 day operation.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 8.5 hours.
- Requires a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred, dairy or food manufacturing a plus.
- Prior standup forklift experience preferred.
- Experience with analysis/creating of BOL, COA, and other shipping/receiving documentation is preferred.
- Proficient computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office Products, familiarity or ability learn SAP, or similar integrated manufacturing system, including RF barcoding system.
Language and Technical Skills
- Experience in a warehouse position in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a dairy/food manufacturing environment.
- Experience operating a stand up forklift and sit down forklift.
- Experience with analysis/creation of BOL, COA, and other shipping/receiving documentation.
- Experience with 10-key.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Able to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to maintain accurate records.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Able to interpret data and make necessary decisions.
This position will be exposed to both an office and production operations environment. Industrial setting includes both wet and dry production areas with loud noise and varying degress of temperature. Long periods of both sedentary activity and movement (walking/standing) are required. Bending, squatting, climbing of steps, sweeping, mopping, and shoveling may be needed occasionally. Specific vision may be required for this position, inluding close vision, distance vision, color and depth perception, and the ability to read computer screens for extended time periods. May be required to occasionally independently move and handle objects up to 55 pounds.