2018-1466# of Openings
US-WI-Beaver DamPosted Date
11 hours agoCategory
Regular Full-TimeOverview $2000 Shift Bonus
Metalcraft of Mayville's Beaver Dam location is hiring THIRD Shift Robotic / Manual Welders. Operate one or more welding machines or industrial robots to fabricate metal parts or assemblies to specifications by applying basic knowledge of welding theory on production basis. Responsibilities
- Follow WPS weld standards.
- Inspect and measure machined work pieces to verify conformances to specifications.
- Move machine controls and guides to adjust machine.
- Unload welded parts from robotic welder and place on appropriate containers.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Perform basic MIG, TIG and aluminum welding techniques as needed.
- Examine finished work pieces to verify conformance with specifications according to operator inspection sheet, quality control plans and/or customer notes using instruments such as gauges.
- Perform prescribed preventative maintenance on equipment and machines.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Successful completion of an internal weld test.
- Knowledge of welding equipment and tools, including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of fixtures and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.)
- Knowledge of wire and filler materials application for various steel alloys and SS, aluminum, etc.
- Knowledge of basic math skills.
- Ability to use hand held measuring tools.
- Ability to read and interpret documents like blueprints, welding symbols safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, supervisors and vendors.
- Able to adapt to change
- Readily accepts additional responsibilities
- Shows a willingness to be a team player
- Ability to train and learn new skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to read blueprints
- Basic understanding of computers and ability to perform computer functions as they pertain to the job
Metalcraft of Mayville is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity