Neenah PaperJob Locations
US-GA-Alpharetta# of Openings
Neenah is actively searching for a Director, Human Resources Business Partner, to be a strategic business partner to our senior leadership.
The HR Director is responsible for the leadership and facilitation of the development of culture and key capabilities for the organization as well as securing and maintaining a productive, diverse and engaged workforce, comprised of the best talent available. Through the design, development and implementation of Human Resources strategies, the Director supports the Business Plan design and execution in order to achieve business results and sustainable growth. This position leads, develops, and directs a team of 8-10 Human Resources Business Partners and Coordinators in the execution of HR initiatives including overall ownership of labor relations. This position is based in our Corporate office in Alpharetta, GA.
Neenah has built a tradition of innovation, service and growth since its founding in 1873 and we create value by improving the image and performance of everything we touch. Based in Alpharetta, GA and with manufacturing facilities in the United States, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and Germany, Neenah is a publicly traded company and a global leader serving customers across 6 continents in more than 80 countries. We are a leading manufacturer of both specialty, performance-based products that serve a variety of end markets, and premium fine papers and packaging used to convey and enhance image through unique colors, textures, and finishes. Neenah presents true, varied and exciting choices that are both environmentally and aesthetically exceptional through sound environmental practices at our manufacturing facilities.ResponsibilitiesKey Responsibilities:
- Partners with Business Unit and Operations leadership to build strategies that will engage people in delivering the organization's vision; recognizes and provides insights on business trends, barriers and opportunities that may impact the business.
- Acts as coach and trusted business advisor to influence functional and operational leaders in the areas of leadership, organization effectiveness, change, organization architecture, building capability, and the implications of short and long-term decisions and strategies.
- Shapes and stewards company culture by recognizing, articulating and shaping the need for change; Crafts, values & personalizes culture for associates' in their day to day activities.
- Initiate and sustain continuous dialogue with operations leaders on change issues, and jointly explore options for resolving the issues. Analyze the change capability, capacity and commitment, identify transformational change journey risks, and define the risk strategy. Develop and implement a change plan, managing the business readiness to change and the existing and new strategic and cultural issues. Monitor change business case against agreed metrics.
- Leads development and execution of strategic labor relations including, labor strategy, grievance management, contract administration, arbitration management, negotiations, strike contingency and self-representation efforts.
- Develops and drives integrated talent management, development, compensation, and performance management strategies to build internal and external talent pipelines, ensuring a sustainable bench of growing and ready now talent for key positions throughout the organization.
- Designs and implements innovative recognition and rewards strategies and programs that allow the organization to attract and retain the best talent, and reward the high performers.
- Ensures basic HR processes, plans, programs and tools are in place and effectively utilized (compensation, employee relations, staffing, performance management, etc.). Applies and tracks key performance metrics through an established scorecard to ensure the effectiveness of HR services effectively support achievement of business strategy and goals.
- Builds capability of matrixed HR Partners to deliver client support related to the delivery of HR programs and services leveraging HR trends and technology; Builds and deploys change and implementation plans that ensure transfer of capability, sustainability of HR processes, programs, systems, and tools, "buy-in" of key stakeholders.
: Internal Interaction:
- Strategic business partner, leadership coach and trusted advisor to Business Unit leaders and senior operations leadership.
- Active member of the Neenah HR Team to maintain standard practices, governance and knowledge transfer and best practice sharing
- International Union Leadership
- Local union leaders
- Labor and employee relations counsel
- Human Resources heads of local companies
- External HR network
- Other HR BP's across industry
Wide ranging level and purpose of interaction: goals & objectives setting, establishment of long term strategic direction, HR Business Plan development and reviews, resource allocation & investment discussions/ negotiations, etc.Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Number and type (full-time, part-time, contract) of direct and indirect reports 10-20;
- Cultivate leadership, cultural and ethical values in self and others through modeling and coaching;
- Coach and develop skills and competencies of the HR team
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field required, an MBA is desirable.
- 10+ years of experience in various areas of Human Resources.
- Labor Relations experience including union avoidance, negotiations, grievance and arbitration management is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in basic HR Practice Areas: Talent acquisition and management, compensation & benefits, human capital management, labor laws, industrial relations and regulations.
- Proficiency in Organization Effectiveness Practice Areas: Integrated Talent Strategies Development/Implementation, Change Planning/Management, Capability Development, Human Capital Management, Organization Design, Performance Management/Culture Change, and Team Effectiveness.
- Proficiency in consulting, coaching, strategic solution development, facilitation and design.
- Proven track record to develop HR Business Partners.
- Knowledge of General Administration and Basic Financial Analysis.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects and strategies simultaneously.
- English is required for business communications; multilingual is a plus.
- Openness and flexibility in adapting to different cultures.
- High level/conceptual understanding of IT architecture and the business benefits it brings.
- Ability/experience in development of business strategies, preferably in HR. Experience in the development and managing of business cases a preference.
- Ability to manage diverse and multiple stakeholders.
Neenah Paper, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant due to race, ethnicity, gender, religion, national origin, veteran's status or on the basis of disability. We are committed to having a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.