Neenah PaperJob Locations
US-VT-Brattleboro# of Openings
This entry level manufacturing position is responsible for working with Finishing crew members; safely and efficiently processing paper from the board machine within customer specifications. Applicants must be available to work a rotating shift schedule and available to work required overtime and weekends when necessary. Applicants must be also willing to train and advance to Operator positions. Responsibilities
- Assist operators in hanging rolls, taping on, threading machine, setting cores and pulling and labeling in process rolls, quality checks, stacking paper, etc.
- Manually transport rolls to the scale, check widths, weigh, add required wrap and upend on skid.
- Operate lift truck as needed
- Perform administrative work checking quantity and sizes and typing data into a computer.
- Use of various hand tools (eg. utility knife, tape measures, scrapers, etc.) will be used in the course of business.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition.
- Demonstrate personal safety awareness and promote a safe work environment.
- Other duties when necessary.Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED
- 18 years of age minimum
- Minimum one (1) year experience in manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
A combination of experience in the following areas is also desirable:
- Demonstrate personal safety awareness and promote a safe work environment
- Willing to work rotating shifts/overtime
- Good mechanical and troubleshooting skills
- Solid computer skills
- Operate high speed equipment after an initial training period
- Paper machine, converting, or other process related experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team or self-directed work environment
Neenah Paper, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant due to race, ethnicity, gender, religion, national origin, veteran's status or on the basis of disability. We are committed to having a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.