Waldan Paper Services, LLC, located in Oshkosh, WI, is the leading Flexographic Printer and paper converting manufacturer in the mid-west, specializing in Flexographic Printing, Roto Gravure Printing, Converting & Coating, Gift Wrap and Commercial Wall Covering Manufacturing. Since 1981, we have been providing successful solutions and applications for our customers with both our existing product and new product development.
Waldan is looking for an Ink Technician to work Monday through Friday on 1st shift (6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.) with some additional hours as needed. Depending on experience salary range depends on the candidate experience and skills.
SUMMARY: Oversees the Ink Room day-to-day activities and fills in for the sample department when needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Wallboard jobs, Specialty Jobs inks, and miscellaneous duties for the presses. Enter jobs into the Nova Flow system and close them when they are completed.
- Order products, pigments, additives, etc. Mix inks and color match in the lab.
- Blocking, Sutherland Rub, Tape and Glue tests and any other lab tests needed.
- Help on press when needed (color match and approval when necessary).
- Create proto folders and masters for wallboard jobs.
- Order miscellaneous supplies.
- General maintenance of dispenser.
- Complete monthly ink inventory and provide necessary reports to the COO and accounting.
- Complete monthly consignment inventory and provide necessary information to INX and accounting.
- Maintain inventory of press ink samples and do hand proofs for each sample. Maintain plate sample book for both ink room and Printing Supervisor. Update the Color Quality software with current masters for press use.
- Adheres to all safety guidelines and machine operating procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.