: US-FL-Gainesville# of Openings
: HousekeepingPosition Type
: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status
: ExemptAbout Us
Welcome to the newly renovated Hilton University of Florida Conference Center located right next to the University of Florida and Shands Hospital. We're walking distance to Ben Griffin Stadium, or "The Swamp". With more than 25,000 sq ft of meeting space and 248 guest rooms, the Hilton University of Florida is the premier hotel in Gainesville.
Our associates enjoy monthly socials, hotel and prize giveaways and our team member store. We offer free lunch or dinner to all team members. Hilton's outstanding Team Member Travel Program provides you with up to 30 nights a year at a discounted rate. We love to celebrate our team whether with team member car washes or back to school back packs. We take care of you so that you can take care of our guests! Overview
To ensure Housekeeping Department cleans and maintains guest rooms and public space in accordance with client/guest expectations and HEI Standards of Product and Service.Responsibilities
- Oversees staff of room attendants, house persons, and inspectors by conducting daily and monthly meetings, inspecting staff work and giving guidance so that deficiencies are corrected and standards are met.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline when appropriate.
- Arrange staff work schedules, determining days off, insuring staffing levels are based on occupancy and/or any current or anticipated projects. Submits payroll records, correcting errors to insure pay is on time and includes any purchased rooms, extra cleanup, cots, etc.
- Maintain and reviews computerized records for budgeting and forecasting of department expenses as well as inspection scores for housekeepers.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- 2 years of housekeeping experience, preferably in a comparable hotel.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
- Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, and clear.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.