ABOUT PERSPECTIVES, INC: In keeping with the goals of supporting mothers and children, as well as all family members, Perspectives is a family-friendly workplace. We understand the everyday stresses our team of professionals faces as they work with a diverse and struggling population to create healthier lifestyles. Perspectives’ appreciation, support, and a liberal time-off policy create a workplace that few want to leave.
Our mission, Breaking Cycles, is accomplished through an award-winning, comprehensive model that includes: supportive housing, case management, mental and chemical health services, parent education, and children’s educational and nutritional enrichment programming. The results strengthen families, restore dignity, and create hope.
Besides competitive pay, 16 paid holidays, and health insurance, we are a fun, fast-paced agency that realizes it is important to both work and play hard. If you enjoy a team approach and a creative, energetic work culture, come join us!
ABOUT POSITION: This position will join our clinical services team of six that includes mental health professionals, mental health practitioners, and LADCs.
A majority of clients are referred by the following programs:
- Supportive Housing Program -Perspectives is the largest Supportive Housing Program in Minnesota serving 84-87 homeless, recovering, co-occurring clients and their 130 children annually. The target population is recovering homeless women with their children. Our campus consists of five apartment buildings, tucked away in a quiet cul-de-sac located in an affordable housing community within St. Louis Park, MN.
- Kids Connection – Perspectives provides an afterschool and summer program for at-risk and homeless children living in Perspectives' supportive housing program and surrounding community. The year-round program focuses on developing academic, social, and culinary skills with a companion program called Kids Cafe. Licensed teachers, mentors, volunteers and other program staff create an engaging learning environment so as to facilitate academic and social-skill building activities on-site for fifty-plus children and youth.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY: Provide trauma informed clinical services to children and families who have been diagnosed with mental health disorders. Services include clinical work such as assessment and individual, family and group therapy.
- Provide individual therapy with children
- Provide family therapy as it benefits the child
- Conduct diagnostic assessments
- Facilitate psycho-educational and therapeutic group therapy with children
- Complete required documentation such as treatment plans, progress notes
- Provide support and consultation to non-clinical staff as needed
- Collaborate with program and agency staff as services are provided to clients
- Educate children and parents/caregivers regarding mental health related topics
- Assist the families with outside referrals and consultation when needed
- Partner with community persons as it relates to treatment such as schools and daycare
- Provide crisis response
- Other(s) as assigned
EDUCATION, LICENSE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, community counseling or related field
- Independent mental health professional license (e.g. LICSW, LMFT, LPCC) preferred
- Professional licensure candidate may be considered
- Experience and/or knowledge working with children and families from all backgrounds
- Experience with co-occurring disorders
- Knowledge of therapy modalities and treatment strategies
- Demonstrated ability of community resources and related networking
- The ability to function and cooperate within a multidisciplinary team while maintaining positive working relationships with team members
- Strong verbal, written communication and organizational skills
- Self directed and ability to work independently