WAXIE Sanitary SupplyWAXIE Sanitary Supply is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
US-CA-West SacramentoJob ID
Operations# of Openings
At WAXIE, distribution is the heart of what we do. Each of our warehouses carry a full stock of sanitary supplies and janitorial equipment to quickly and efficiently meet our customer's needs. This wouldn't be possible without our "behind the scenes" warehouse crew, committed to sustaining a safe and harmonious day-to-day operation. Led by a Warehouse Manager, our team ensures inventory is properly received, distributed, and shipped to our customers- the WAXIE way!
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the training and development of warehouse staff, product deliveries, efficiency of warehouse operations and overall divisional warehouse functions. The Warehouse Manager is also responsible for recommendations and execution of procedures involving shipping, receiving, inventory and all aspects of warehouse procedures, including communication with purchasing and sales. This Manager will oversee and manage all warehouse personnel as well as institute and enforce safety programs and guidelines.Essential Duties
- Responsible for recommendations and execution of procedures involving shipping, receiving, inventory and all aspects of warehouse procedures, including communication with purchasing and sales.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing all warehouse personnel. Institute and enforce safety programs and guidelines.
- Responsbile for overseeing San Diego's Commercial Vehicle Delivery Fleet.
- Select, train, direct and motivate employees; appraise performance and recommend salary actions for subordinates to assure a stable and competent organization.
- Ensure warehouse personnel are working in a safe and productive environment.
- Ensure warehouse personnel are receiving properly in accordance with company guidelines.
- Conduct cycle counts in accordance to policies and procedures.
- Previous warehouse management experience in the distribution or similar industry.
- Strong communication and leadership skills with an emphasis on supervision and training.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) preferred.
- Experience managing Commercial Vehicle Drivers (Class A and B licenses) preferred.
- Results-oriented driven with demonstrated success in leading a diverse group of warehouse personnel and multiple shifts to accomplish daily goals.
- Strong shipping/receiving skills with an emphasis on inventory.
- Experience overseeing vehicle fleet including maintenance, inspection and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of establishing driver routes and maintaining an efficient delivery system.
- Ensure a safe and productive working environment by maintaining and establishing safety procedures.