Manufacturing/Operations • Covington, Ohio
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The Associate Director, Operations (Plant Manager) manages the Operations of the Perrigo Ohio (POH) manufacturing facility. This position oversees the work of ~80 employees on a 24/7 operation. The incumbent monitors a variety of operating data, identifies problems or inefficiencies and works with Managers and Supervisors to improve plant performance. The incumbent works with management staff in Planning& Scheduling, Quality, Warehouse, Continuous Improvement Training, Tech Ops and other areas to improve equipment, processes and monitors changes for effectiveness.
The Associate Director's main responsibilities include:
- Manages all operations of the assigned Infant Formula manufacturing/packaging facility, ensures that all operations comply with current Good Manufacturing Practices, oversee pre-treat water facility, to assure compliance with all applicable regulations; reviews and approves Standard Operating Procedures for all plant operations, and monitors training and enforcement to ensure SOPs are followed. Assures site Compliance with all regulatory requirements. Developing and maintaining relationships with Town official is critical to the success of the facility.
- Supports the strategic goals through effective and efficient project management for ongoing delivery of operations/production activities and processes.
- Provides leadership and technical support for operations/production team to support infant nutrition.
- Manages operating activities and ensures products are manufactured/packaged on schedule and are within quality standards and cost objectives.
- Develops staffing and cost proposals for the fiscal year, and monitors costs and productivity throughout the year to ensure production goals are met. Monitors all training and provides development opportunities to plant staff and coaches.
- Provides leadership to safety efforts within the plant, monitoring safety performance and ensuring coaches provide appropriate training and direction to provide a safe working environment.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and rules of conduct and addresses performance issues appropriately and promptly.
- Incumbent provides leadership in process improvement, working with engineers, supervisors and other production support staff to improve processes procedures and/or evaluate equipment.
- May lead one or more teams responsible for operations management.
- Bachelor's in Science, Dairy / Food Science or other closely aligned field
- Ten (10) years of manufacturing and operations experience, management experience in a cGMP environment required.
- Experience in providing guidance and the ability to trouble shoot with daily operations processes such as evaporator, HTST/UHT, spray dryer and mix tanks is required.
- Effective communication skills, including demonstrated leadership ability and well developed oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to understand and interpret operating data such as budget, safety, or inspection reports.
- Ability to develop systems to support continual improvement that support quality, safety and production.
- Typically, ten plus years of increasingly responsible experience in a large corporate environment with a proven track record in overcoming business challenges
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.