Hillsboro DDS Office, Hillsboro, ORJob Code
1313# of Openings:
Employment duration: Regular Full-Time
Pay range: $15.69 / hour
Shift Hours: Varies
Location Census: Adults
ZIP/Postal code: 97123
FLSA Status: NonexemptAlbertina Kerr
empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential.
We're seeking a Job Coach
to work with Albertina Kerr's job seekers at their new employment site to assist in learning their job tasks and honing or improving their skills. Other tasks required are communicating with business' Department Manager/Hiring Manager, onsite job coaching, assisting Interns with pre-employment forms, and completing all necessary billing and documentation. This position is full time Monday through Friday, with daytime hours and includes a generous benefits package including 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Coach our participants at local community employment sites.
- Assist participants in learning task as independently as possible and work cooperatively with each person's vocational team to create plans and/or obtain tools that would improve their capacity to learn their job.
- Maintain progress notes and time sheets.
- Ensure that each participant's personal and medical information is always current in their work file, discovery forms and/or relate any changes to supervisor.
- Maintain clear communication with community employment manager and others as part of the ISP team.
- Attend required training and ISP meetings.
- Perform other tasks as required by your supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three years' experience working with persons with developmental disabilities in an employment setting preferred.
- Ability to pass a criminal history check.
- Basic math skills and basic computer proficiency consistent with requirements to access care plans, communicate by email, make reports, and conduct similar tasks.
- Consistent, punctual attendance to provide in-person supports to people we support.
- Verbal and written English language proficiency sufficient to communicate with people we support, co-workers, and community members.
- Ability to build appropriate relationships and relate effectively with people we support.
- A valid driver's license and the ability to meet agency driving requirements.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs.
- Adequate visual and auditory sensory capacity to effectively supervise people we support, with or without accommodation.
- Ability to communicate with wide-range of individuals from high-level professionals to the I/DD Community.
- Ability to stand or move about; use of arms raised in an unsupported position; periods of twisting from side to side at the waist; perform similar repetitive hand operations or other fatiguing demands for over five hours per day.
Apply online at http://albertinakerr.org/Employment/Openings
The nature of the services we provide prevents us from allowing in-person applications or inquiries. Albertina Kerr Centers maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, age, or other factors protected by law. Individuals with disabilities can request accommodation in the application and employment process by contacting 503-262-0145.