Paciolan - IrvineLocation
Paciolan is the #1 primary ticketing company in college athletics, and the #2 largest primary ticketing provider in the US including performing arts, arenas, and professional sports. As a leader in ticketing, fundraising, marketing, analytics, and technology solutions, we power more than 500 live entertainment organizations, selling over 120 million tickets a year.
While we are the market leader in many areas, we will never act too big or move too slow as a company. At Paciolan, we come to work ready to innovate and succeed, and we always have fun doing it. You may not recognize our name, because we white-label our consumer channels, but we create great products at scalenot just once a year Black Friday, but every day our events go on sale!
Enough about us, what about you? Are you fast, efficient, yet meticulous? Are you great at focusing knowledge, generating ideas, problem solving and arriving at a solution effectively? Have you seen projects from start to end and can defend your ideas with business metrics or user-derived quantitative and qualitative data, as well as through your powers of persuasion? If so, we need awesome, passionate designers like you to help us grow and execute on great ideas across all our products and platforms!
All candidates must provide portfolio examples.Responsibilities What you'll do
Qualifications What to bring
- Cut through the clutter of information and feature requests to deliver customer value while balancing business objectives.
- Bring your design ideas to life, creating sketches, flows, storyboards, wireframes, prototypes and other design artifacts to define and communicate end-to-end user experiences that satisfies requirements and responsive design principles.
- Create multiple solutions to a single design problem and iterate to a final design.
- Present ideas to an audience and facilitate creative problem-solving sessions. Work especially with the product team to identify new requirements and engineers to push the limits of technology - all while encouraging a user-centered design mindset.
- Use data analytics to support research activities and design decisions and then conduct the necessary research (interviews, user testing, surveys, etc.) to support the usability efforts throughout the product development cycle.
- Reinforce brand and design best practices using design systems and other communication tools.
- Work closely with an implementation team to ensure that the end-to-end design meets the highest level of quality, paying close attention to details.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, specializing in design, library sciences, human-computer interaction, technology, psychology or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience designing responsive websites and/or mobile applications in the B2B or B2C space.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Amazing attention to detail, while grasping how the details fit together in the larger picture.
- Ability to work with minimal management on multiple projects either independently or on collaborative teams.
- Proficiency in a variety of design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and InVision.
- Excellent understanding and familiarity with technical issues around web development (i.e. how design compositions translate to code).
- Sense of humor, while not required, is highly desired
What's in it for you
- Experience creating and supporting a design system or framework with a solid understanding of visual design (layout, color, typography, etc.) and design specifications.
- Skilled with copywriting.
- Ability to sit through and hold your own in a 3-hour interview. What?!
"Just like the teams we work with, we team up at Paciolan too! You'll find espresso machines, beach volleyball court, ping pong table and lots of options for hanging out with your coworkers such as: a running club, soccer club, yoga class, the bar method class, company sponsored events off-site and many more."