MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal – making our customers successful.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated CAD Drafter who will create production drawings for standard products as well as custom and special product orders using Solid Works and AutoCAD software. Other duties include artwork and assembly drawings for Marketing and for inclusion in product evaluation reports
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Follow established drafting standards in the creation of product production drawings. Standards include drawing layout, specifications, tolerances, dimensions and materials.
- Create drawings for custom and special product orders as needed.
- Create product artwork and assembly drawings following the lighting, color and view direction standards set by Marketing.
- Exercises judgment in selection of scale, proper views, and proper placement on drawings in accordance with standard practices and within procedural limitations.
- Assist manufacturing with creation of tooling drawings as required.
- Work with the Senior Engineers to develop and maintain drafting standards for product production drawings. Standards shall include drawing layout, specifications, tolerances, dimensions and materials.
- Work with the Senior Engineers and EIT to continually update product production drawings. Part of that process is to replace current standard production drawings created in AutoCAD with SolidWorks created production drawings.
- Provide technical expertise relating to the company use of CAD software.
- Become familiar with the manufacturing personnel at all USP facilities and develop good working relationships. Work with CNC programmers to provide them with necessary drawings to complete work orders of both special, customs, and standard variety.
- Assist product development efforts by providing prototype drawings and creating production drawings for new products.
- Assist marketing efforts by creating drawings for catalog and other marketing communication pieces as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
Education and/or Experience"
- Vocational School Training in Computer Aided Drafting
- SolidWorks Certification a plus.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to read a tape measure, use micrometer, voltmeter, and calipers. Knowledge of blueprint reading.
- General knowledge of technology or electronics helpful.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to interact at a high level of professionalism with others; including co-workers, vendors, and customers.
- Attendance at work during the regularly scheduled shift is an essential duty. This includes, but is not limited to the ability to be present at work, arrive on time and be at the work station ready for work at the start of the shift.
MiTek is an E-Verify, Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Corona, California, United States