Location: Wellsburg, WV USA
Duration: Full-time Regular
Department: Construction & Engineering
# of Openings: 1
Req #: 3394Description
As a Field Engineer on our Wellsburg Bridge project in West Virginia, you play a key role in the project's successful execution. Ideally you will have had experience working on similar capacity major civil infrastructure projects. Responsibilities
- Reviews project plans and specifications for upcoming scheduled work activities. Helps lead small teams to develop successful planning and execution of activities to meet project objectives for schedule, cost, quality and safety.
- Develops/ assists with procurement packages for various elements of work, to obtain quotes and draft contracts to meet project requirements. Performs budget/quote comparatives for approval.
- Prepares construction work plan packages and coordinates pre-construction meetings while ensuring that all prerequisites to start of construction activities are identified and completed.
- Prepares, updates and distributes work activity schedules/updates, and communicates across work groups and agencies to ensure proper advance notifications and coordination of start times.
- Monitors and participates daily in field construction process. Provides layout checks and technical reviews of work against requirements. Obtains confirmations from design engineer as needed.
- Provides daily reports of labor, field deliveries, purchase orders, subcontractor invoices, costs, quantities, actual expenditures, etc. for correct coding tracking in cost system; Maintains cost control by reviewing job cost reports and adjusting as necessary. Uses electronic databases.
- Assists with subcontract administration and permanent material suppliers through monitoring of correspondence, submittals, RFI's, and performance records; Maintains accurate payment records.
- Calculates material/work quantity requirements (takeoffs); adjust forecasts for quantities, costs and schedule to complete on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Assists to prepare monthly reporting for progress payments, schedule updates, and problem/issue tracking and resolution. Provides accurate and factual assessments of project performance.
- Participates in extra work process, cost proposals, change orders and claims management
- Develops and manage relationships with owners, subcontractors, consultants and field personnel
- Supports project with all technical matters and determine outside assistance when needed
- Maintains a safe, clean and productive environment through enforcing procedures. Maintains project integrity and reputation through compliance with high standards of workplace safety and construction best practices
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited institution minimum of 1+ years of heavy civil construction experience
- Able to clearly communicate design intent and assumptions through calculation and drafting
- EIT/EI preferred
Some of the benefits you can expect as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Flatiron is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.