Kimco Realty CorporationJob ID
US-NY-New Hyde ParkCategory
******Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.****** The Communications Associate will provide comprehensive support to the Director, Corporate Communications in the execution of strategic communications activities that drive the business objectives of the company. He/she is a key member of the team who assists with internal and external communications, including social media, media relations, content strategy and creation, and execution of corporate initiatives. This person should develop a deep understanding of the retail real estate industry and Kimco's business, properties, tenants and results. Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to Director, Corporate Communications
- Social Media
- Identify creative and innovative ways to convey the company's story via social media, through our executives, key business leaders, associates, properties, tenants, etc.
- Maintain content calendar for corporate social media accounts
- Write and post content, coordinate the development of graphics
- Assist in the development of content for the company's blog
- Respond to questions, notifications, and mentions over social media in a timely manner
- Incorporate analytics and metrics in planning and evaluating social media activities
- Monitor and respond to property reviews as necessary
- Monitor third-party social media activity at the company's properties to identify issues and share best practices
- Stay current with social media trends to continually improve and refine our strategy
- Internal Communications
- Develop and maintain content calendar for the company intranet. Research, write and post content related to major projects, company culture, news and events, etc.
- Circulate a monthly employee newsletter summarizing the top news & content from the intranet
- Public Relations
- Assist in coordinating responses to media requests, collaborating with the appropriate operations team members to gather the necessary information and help formulate responses
- Monitor media for coverage of the company and its properties, assist in identifying placements that should be promoted via social media & websites
- Collaborate with outside PR consulting firm for targeted site-specific marketing activities and regional level support.
- Corporate & Marketing Communications
- Help to craft content for company website, and keep sections up to date and relevant
- Assist in the development/review/editing of company marketing materials and brochures
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English, or Business
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Must be proficient in the tactical use of core platforms, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- An enthusiastic, creative, and resourceful person who can perform under pressure
Kimco Realty Corporation has been and will continue to be an equal opportunity employer. To assure full implementation of this equal employment policy, we will take steps to assure that persons are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.