United Bank is an Equal Opportunity employer.Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluatedwithout regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion,gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteranstatus, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, or anyother protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to theperformance of the work involved.Location:
Charleston, WV, US, 25301Company:
The Product Specialist, Sr is responsible for the full scope of the Letter of Credit function within the Operations department, including the supervision and coordination of timely preparation and processing of Letter of Credit issuance, amendments, renewals, draws, and maintenance in accordance with ISP98 and UCP600 requirements. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for full scope of staff management to include, hiring, coaching, training, performance management and daily management accountability of ensuring tasks are completed timely and appropriately
- Accountable for the Letter of Credit portfolio including issuance, amendments, compliance, renewals, and reporting in accordance with regulations.
- Review Letter of Credit templates and related documents for acceptable language and provide feedback to the lending teams and customers.
- Subject matter expert on Letters of Credit and represents the Bank with signature authority on Letters of Credit.
- Accountable to monitor the annual fee collections by notifying Lenders, ensuring fees are collected timely prior to renewal and reporting of the status of the fees/renewals.
- Prepares communication and reports to Operations and Lenders on Letter of Credit maintenance details and process and ensures all is adhered to
- Troubleshoots situations that may arise and ensures solutions are implemented and adhered to within guidelines.
- Generate monthly reports on the Line of Credit portfolio
- Monitors daily activities for risks and/or compliance issues; alerts manager to potential problems as they are identified.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's Degree in business management, law, or related area preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience with Letters of Credit is required
- Minimum of eight (8) years working in Banking, Documentation, or related environment is required
- Minimum of two (2) years of hands-on staff management preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
- A detailed understanding of applicable rules and regulations related to Letter of Credit in order to make decisions or commitments on behalf of the Bank.
- Understanding of ISP98 and UCP600 required
- ISP98 certification preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively follow up and ensure compliance with all levels of staff
With over 175 years of experience, United Bank is one of the region's premier banks with locations in West Virginia, Virginia, Washington, DC, Maryland, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. A subsidiary of United Bankshares, Inc., with dual headquarters in Washington, DC and Charleston, WV, we are a full service financial institution with over $19 billion in assets.
At United Bank, our people are our greatest asset. Our company is a perfect fit for hard-working, driven individuals as we provide a culture that is entrepreneurial, efficient, relationship-based and service-oriented. United is proud of our record of growth and our commitment to service - not only to our customers, but also to the communities in which we live and work.
United encourages our employees to become involved in the community and in professional activities, and we provide continued training and other support to help all employees achieve their full potential. Nearest Major Market:
Charleston West Virginia Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Business Manager, Compliance, Performance Management, Finance, Management, Legal, Human Resources