We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Id: 264176
Brand: Motion Industries
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Major Market: IA – Cedar Rapids
Date Posted: March 18, 2019Apache, Inc. is a division of Motion Industries.
This position safely and effectively follows work orders and/or prints to prepare belt for fabrication, fill and place molds in correct patterns, adjust and operate vulcanizing presses and ensure products meet quality and visual standards. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience:
- Read and interpret press operation orders and blue prints.
- Locate and gather materials, molds/tooling and supplies needed.
- Load belt onto roller correct side up and secure it to feeder table.
- Prepare belt by either using a template or measuring and marking it before grinding the application design, if not automated.
- Paint ground surfaces with adhesive.
- Measure and cut extrusion rubber and load molds with it.
- Place the molds on the adhesion at the same angle until the length of the belt to be vulcanized is full.
- Set blocking bars and sheets within the press to ensure even pressure during operation.
- Set up, adjust and operate various vulcanizing presses for correct pressure, heat and time.
- Complete press production records.
- At the end of the press cycle, advance the belt and remove bars, sheets, molding, etc.
- Repeat steps for the length of the belt.
- Cut off overlapping lengths of applications and remove extra flash and markings.
- Square the ends of the belt, as needed.
- Tag the product with the work order number and take it to order fulfillment or packaging area.
- Close out orders in the computer system.
- Maintain a clean, organized work area.
- Perform upkeep on tools.
- Attend work regularly and predictably and uphold Company values in all work aspects.
High School diploma/equivalent and sufficient knowledge or experience to perform industrial math and measuring and to read and understand work orders, instructions and prints.Skills and Abilities
Must be able to set up and operate mechanical equipment as well as use power tools and hand tools safely. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in main units of measure, using whole numbers, common fraction, and decimals. Ability to determine and mark angle degrees needed for correct finished product. Skills include active listening, effective verbal and written communicating, monitoring and quality control assessing. A forklift license is helpful.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Apache Inc. reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons