US-NM-Jemez PuebloJob ID:
2019-1314# of Openings:
The Pueblo of Jemez is a federally recognized sovereign Native American nation in central New Mexico with a 2014 population of 3,719. The Pueblo of Jemez government provides services to its citizens and protects them. It ensures that proper infrastructure are set up and well maintained for the people to be happy, safe and healthy. Current operations include health and human services, education services, police protection, emergency medical services, judicial services, public works, natural resources management, social services, housing and community development - most of which are funded by federal and state governments compacts, contracts and grants.
The Jemez Comprehensive Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center providing comprehensive primary care
and preventive care
and hosts a medical clinic, dental clinic, optometry clinic, pharmacy, radiology services, mental health and substance abuse services and several community health programs.
As a member of the Health & Human Services Dental Clinic the Staff Dentist provides preventive, educational, and corrective dental services within the scope of a community based oral health program.Responsibilities
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including intraoral examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed intraoral conditions.
- Responsible for maintaining an appropriate record of all treatment provided to eligible patients. This includes use of DEXIS, and Dentrix.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement objectives, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion, education and prevention programs.
- Maintains the dental component of the IHS Resource Patient Management System for the purposes of reporting on dental services provided and ensuring that all billable dental services are submitted to the Business Services Department of Health & Human Services for processing.
- Explains treatment needs and cost of a proposed treatment to a patient who is self- pay or covered under a state or federal aid program. This includes reiterating to the patient the need to bring in payment prior to the next appointment's proposed treatment; explains the need to pay any down payments prior to work that will accrue an outside cost.
- Maintains and updates both electronic and hard copies of SDS sheets for all chemicals used within the clinic.
- Maintains compliance standards for AAAHC (Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care) Takes the responsibility of staying up to date with any changes that may occur or become required for the credentialing process with the AAAHC.
- Remains current on dental topics/issues by taking continuing education courses that meet the requirement mandated by the New Mexico Board of Dental Health Care.
- Contributes to the overall quality of the unit's service provision by developing and coordinating work teams and by reviewing, recommending and implementing improved policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited school of Dentistry (DMD/DDS); AND two (2) years of professional experience as a Dentist.Required Knowledge and Skills
- Diagnostic and patient care services in area of dentistry.
- Principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of dental evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
- Legal and ethical standards for the delivery of dental surgical care.
- Relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe medications and instruct patients in correct usage and dosage.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Records management principles and practices.
- Dexis/Dentrix software.