Regular Full-TimeJob Summary
Prepares and maintains detailed design drawings, schematics or specifications typically using computer-aided design software. Works closely with design originators (e.g., engineers, designers) to resolve design details or discrepancies or to prepare drawings of unusual, complex or original designs which require a high degree of precision using computer-aided drafting (CAD) or computer-aided engineering (CAE) equipment. Creates, modifies and controls detailed two- and three-dimensional parts and assembly drawings from engineers' and technicians' sketches, plans and written and verbal instructions. Develops and maintains drafting standards and procedures. Evaluates and recommends purchase of CAD/CAE-related computer hardware and software.Company Overview
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.Essential Duties
- Generates construction and fabrication drawings using CADD systems and peripherals for a variety of large complex commercial and industrial construction projects. Generates construction and fabrication drawings for manufacturing as required by project. Uses technology such as AutoCAD or current design tools.
- Provides onsite support for field personnel, when needed, and interfaces with other team leaders, the group manager, project managers, the shop fabrication managers and field supervisors.
- Reviews equipment submittal documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinates draft construction drawings with other trades to ensure routings and clearances are understood and no obstructions exist.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering or related field is preferred.
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Should be knowledgeable in a mechanical trade.
- Should have basic understanding of current design software such as AutoDesk.
- Working knowledge of drawing production and standard construction techniques and principles.