US-NM-Jemez PuebloJob ID:
2019-1326# of Openings:
Responsible for designing fitness programs and nutrition education for individuals to use in order that they may adopt a healthy lifestyle; coordinates activities with colleagues and medical staff; serves as a Lifestyle Coach for the fitness programs.Responsibilities
• Performs exercise consultations and physical fitness assessments for clients for clients of all ages and fitness levels.
• Consults with clinic and nutrition staff on wellness referrals.
• Designs fitness plans for individuals to use in order that they may adopt a healthy lifestyle.
• Assesses individuals before they begin a fitness program in regard to height, weight, body mass index, body fat analysis, and waist measurements; collaborates with the DM team to monitor and assess clients for healthy lifestyle changes.
• Trains clients how to work out properly and improve their physical condition.
• Educates clients on the importance of exercise and nutrition to help adopt a healthy lifestyle as part of the fitness program.
• Guides and motivates the client to achieve his or her health and fitness goals.
• Teaches specialty group exercise classes.
• Documents all visits with clients on a PCC form using the SOAP format and submitting the PCCs to the medical coding clerk.
• Prepares monthly reports to submit to the manager at the beginning of each month; ensures that reports contain pertinent information such as clientele, monthly staff meetings, fun run/walks, etc.
• Serves as a community liaison/committee member actively participating in planning, implementation and evaluation of community meetings, health fairs, conferences, and special events.
• Promotes classes and disseminates health information.
• Contributes to the overall quality of the unit's service provision by developing and coordinating work teams and by reviewing, recommending and implementing improved policies and procedures.
• Represents the Pueblo with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience: High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED); AND formal coursework in community health, health education or a related field; AND two (2) years of experience in developing and providing fitness instruction, health education, and/or nutrition programming.
Principles and practices of health, nutrition and fitness programs.
Computer applications related to assigned duties and activities.
Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
Records management principles and practices.
Complying with applicable laws, codes and regulations.
Providing customer services in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
Organizing, planning, coordinating, implementing, prioritizing, and innovating projects for health & wellness education in the schools and community-wide.
Using digital media, photography, and video editing.
Creating media messages through internet, flyers, digital media format, class education.
Using software applications related to assigned functions.
Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with customers.
Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
Organizing, prioritizing and coordinating work activities, coordinating multiple activities and meeting critical deadlines.
Communicate effectively in oral and written forms.
Provide training and speak before groups.
Required certificates, licenses and registrations:
• New Mexico Driver's License.
• National certification in personal training from an accredited institution within (60) days of hire.
• CPR & First Aid certification within six (6) months of date of employment.