Red Collar Pet Foods is looking for a Packaging Operator to join our exciting new pet food business at our Clinton, OK facility. Who is Red Collar? We are pet people, and to us pets are family. We believe that they deserve good food made with wholesome and balanced nutrition in every bag and bowl. It is our commitment to quality ingredients and manufacturing exclusively in the U.S. which makes us all proud of our company and the pets we ultimately feed.
The Packaging Operator position is responsible and accountable for assuring all finished product is packaged according to proper specifications and standards.
• Operate within specified efficiency/productivity standards based on formulation and packaging capability and within established finished product specifications for each formula.
• Perform packaging evaluation checks as required, and maintain accurate documentation as defined by site requirements.
• Perform packaging equipment adjustments and preventative maintenance activities as required to assure finished packages are in compliance with specifications and standards.
• Perform sanitation duties as required by the Master Sanitation Schedule with particular attention to lockout/tag out and confined space entry when required
• Assist the plant to meet or exceed production goals
• Participate and adhere to all food safety requirements, quality management processes, and site safety programs to ensure that all standards are met.
• Maintain a clean, safe work environment that promotes associate safety and product integrity
• Standing on a concrete floor
• Wearing proper personal protective equipment (hair net, bump cap, ear plugs, safety shoes, and uniform)
• Bending, stooping, twisting, turning, standing for extended time periods, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting up to 55 lbs
• Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes, such as hot to cold, dust, dirt and chemicals
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Have a High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
• Must be willing and able to work and accept varying shifts and schedules
• Ability to understand and effectively communicate in the English language
• Successful completion of a substance screening and background check
• 3+ years of manufacturing experience operating a variety of machines
• 2 years of work experience within manufacturing, or a technical and/or trade discipline
• Demonstrated competency in computer and pc software including MS Office and email
• Knowledge of inventory control principles
Company-paid relocation is not available for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.