Elbit Systems of AmericaEOE STATEMENT
Elbit Systems of America is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disabilities
Sexual Orientation/Gender IdentityJob ID
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com
or follow us on Twitter
Under limited supervision, provides support for engineering research activities, engineering development activities, and/or support of manufacturing activities.
For these activities, the Senior Engineering Technician provides an advanced level of technical assistance with the design, development, construction, and testing of developmental prototype products, transition of pilot products to manufacturing, general electro/mechanical activities, test systems documentation, design, development and execution, and general research design, development and testing activities.
The Senior Engineering Technician works closely with members of an engineering project team, accepts minimal direction and instructions, works with project team members or manufacturing on engineering change orders, and acting as a lead technician on an engineering project may coordinate, review and analyze the activities of a lesser technician.
- Provide complex technical assistance in the design, development, testing and modification of engineering prototypes.
- Design, develop, construct and modify complex electronic circuits and mechanical designs utilizing known design concepts. Determine circuit values for specified maximum performance in basic circuits by making necessary mathematical calculations.
- Works independently and closely with electrical, mechanical, software and systems engineering to troubleshoot systems, parts tracking and ordering, modifying, manipulating and configuring test setups that supports engineering prototypes.
- Be able to design and create software scripts to do some work that insure proper function of system sub-assemblies that may include other software, electronics and mechanical items.
- Determine type of tests to be performed, approve and suggest modifications to testing equipment and analyze test results to evaluate performance of products or equipment.
- Determine appropriate materials and processes for preparing technical.
- Conduct experiments to evaluate operating characteristics of products or processes. Assist in the planning, testing and evaluation of laboratory equipment, new and existing materials and techniques.
- Exercise specialized technical judgment in the substitution of parts and materials. Evaluate and select optimum alternatives.
- Develop or improve techniques to meet quality, function and cost standards.
- Maintain effective liaison with all interfacing departments to assist engineering in transition from development into production.
- Design, construct, modify and support in the engineering of various tooling fixtures necessary for the assembly of components for various devices/instruments that are in prototype, production build and/or test.
- May act as technical representative, traveling to customer sites and/or tradeshows to advise and instruct in the installation, operation, and maintenance of Company-produced products.
- Assure compliance of specific electronic equipment’s maintenance and calibration documentation requirements.
- Compile, compute, analyze and present a variety of engineering data as required.
- Review designs and specifications for completeness, accuracy, adequacy and compliance with company and customer specifications.
- Specify, design, document, order and test cabling assemblies.
- Support outside agency testing as needed per product.
- Support engineering and manufacturing for engineering change orders.
- Direct activities and provide technical direction to less senior technicians in building, testing and troubleshooting equipment.
Requires a technican Associate’s Degree in Electronics Engineering or similar field and 5+ years of directly related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be knowledgeable of a wide variety of materials that would be used for engineering and project startup development.