Wheels is an Equal Opportunity, Voluntary Affirmative Action Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Des Plaines, IllinoisJob Description:SUMMARY
Employee will lead and coordinate a work group ensuring complete and accurate processing of data into multiple applications by updating Wheels' systems either by key entering information, scanning documents, electronic transfer or a combination of the three processes maintaining departmental service levels. This position is in place to assist other operational areas within Wheels meet their service level agreements in place with clients. Key areas the OSS group partners with are: Collision, VOR, Compliance Services, and Account Executives, and Transitions.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following;
- Monitor process of identifying, sorting and batching hard-copy documents for processing; ensure inbound documents are processed according to departmental priorities.
- Receive data file from operational areas for processing; determine processing method. Reformat files as necessary. Distribute to operations for completion.
- Key enter and verify information, accurately and efficiently utilizing a variety of software packages specific to Wheels Inc. Maintain or exceed department standards.
- Scan/Image documents to department standards for speed and accuracy. Make determination for proper scanner settings and computer paths. Maintain or exceed department standards.
- Verify scanned input ensuring document readability proper indexing, and acceptable OCR output.
- Create and/or transfer various electronic files to image repository.
- Identify research and reconcile problems encountered while processing jobs; assist operators as needed.
- Perform equipment maintenance as directed; perform first-line trouble shooting for equipment failures.
- Report daily metrics/statistics in an accurate and timely manner.
- Compile daily/weekly/monthly reports on performance, quality, volume, production or trends as required utilizing various software packages.
- Understand and comply with daily job schedules/work flow; direct operators as necessary.
- Prioritize work-load for self and team according to department standards.
- Maintain detailed procedural notes on all job processed for work group (author procedural notes as necessary).
- Process daily mailings performed by Office Support Services. Be able to make determination on when and how to utilize Mail Center services.
- Communicate effectively with internal clients the source of problems and the action steps required for resolution.
- Be available to assist within the department and with other groups and departments within Wheels as assigned.
- Assist internal clients/customers as need arises.
- Coordinate the daily activities of a work group; including sort, batch, distribute and collect data, assign, verify and forward work as required.
- Train new and old employees; be able to answer questions or address problems within the OSS area.
- Transfer all finished data/projects to the appropriate database, person or department.
- Other duties as assigned.
to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- The employee must have a working knowledge of the company's systems and procedures.
- Computer skills required include a through knowledge of Windows operating systems, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and the ability to be successfully trained on other applications deemed necessary.
- Ability to communicate problems encountered with information being processed, both verbally and in written format.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least one year of experience as an OSS Operator or OSS Lead Operator.
- Read, write and speak fluent English. Communicate effectively, verbal and written, with all levels of personnel in the company.
- Standard arithmetic skills required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSPHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee must possess basic problem solving skills and be able to recognize, research and resolve problems encountered while coordinating or performing work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to key/type/mouse/scan in a sitting position for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to maintain focus independently.