Allscripts' policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected VeteransRequisition ID
Information TechnologyJob Category
Information TechnologyOpportunity Details: Overview
Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role is to Install, implement, configure, upgrade, and optimize the performance of assigned technology required
to operate client's infrastructure environment.Responsibilities
These are consistent for all our staff:
- Possess expertise in the assigned technology domain.
- Manage, maintain, monitor and support the infrastructure environment in assigned technology domain.
- Install, configure and support hardware and software required to operate assigned technology.
- Provide ongoing maintenance including updates, patches and anti-virus updates.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in assigned technology including hardware, software, operating system and application-related issues.
- Conduct performance monitoring, system health checks, trending analysis and capacity planning.
- Provide 3rd level operational support for issues escalated from Service Desk.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to technology installation, administration and maintenance.
- Execute day-to-day support activities to ensure service level agreements, project deliverables and customer commitments are being met.
- Provide management and management systems updates on current status of incidents, changes and requests being executed.
- Execute tasks associated with project delivery include physical server builds and configuration changes to Windows 2003, Windows 2008 and Windows 2012 servers.
- Respond to monitoring alerts and execute reporting of system health and capacity through the use of tools and procedures to ensure compliancy with service level agreements and operational standards.
- Contribute to the development of and implement tactical and strategic plans for supporting the company's Windows server environment including: Citrix, VMWARE, Exchange, Active Directory, business/health care applications and other related technologies.
- Identify potential areas for improving processes/procedures, server configurations and server images.
- Contribute to the development of, maintenance of and adherence to system standards, policies, procedures and documentation to support consistency and compliancy requirements for corporate initiatives, operational objectives and service level agreements.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Assist in supporting activations and rollouts.
- Consistent efforts to deliver quality solutions as per agreed scope.
- Customer focus and close alignment with the customers' business objectives.
- Ensure efforts to continually improve domain knowledge.
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables as per the defined defects standards
- Document issues with resolutions and share with team members to improve team productivity.
- Provide data to generate team performance metrics.
- Knowledge transfer with other team members to improve overall team education level
- Take complete ownership for the assigned task and timely inform the progress of the project / task to all stakeholders.
- Adherence to the defined standards.
- Take initiative and drives to bring to logical conclusion; proactive approach.
- Provide accurate and timely information and escalates when there are issues.
- Actively participate in meetings and make valuable contribution.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- BS degree in Information Science/Computer Science/Software Engineering/Business preferred
- 2-4 years practical experience in providing systems engineering support and maintenance in assigned product preferred
- Proficiency with network protocols and infrastructure concepts
- Proficiency with network file server hardware and Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 2003, 2008, 2012)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting (problem determination/resolution) skills
- CA Unicenter experience a plus
- MCA certification preferred
- Cisco, PMP, ITIL certifications a plus
- May require local travel
- May require other travel for business needs
- May require after hours on call support
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a competitive total rewards package, including holidays, vacation, and medical, disability and life insurance.